Each person must live their life as a model for others - Rosa Parks
Over de functie
We are looking for someone with a passion for patient care, the ability to deeply understand the surgical environment, and diligently work on the adoption of highly effective clinical applications that ultimately improve patient outcomes.
The Clinical Applications Manager facilitates clinical adoption in target markets by cultivating deep relationships with customers and clinical institutions. The individual in this position executes strategic activities, such as customized clinical-technical application workshops for key customers to support the development of key opinion leaders (KOLs). Market expansion is supported by developing country specific procedure workflows on clinical applications, and managing scientific collaborations with KOLs to generate data for publication, and presentations impacting regional adoption.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and apply in-depth knowledge of the da Vinci® Surgical System and EndoWrist® Instrumentation
- Develop KOLs through deep clinical-technical engagement with key customers
- Develop region and country specific clinical procedure workflows (guides, videos) and new applications with KOLs in clinical labs to drive product adoption and support market development in target countries
- Develop and deliver customized clinical-technical application workshops for key customers in collaboration with marketing
- Enable and manage scientific collaborations with KOLs to generate data for publication, and presentations to drive target country adoption
- Collect voice-of-customer data by applying an analytical approach to understanding the clinical needs and requirement of surgeons and hospitals to identify new opportunities for applications and products
- Educate internal stakeholders in regional sales and marketing through customized clinical-technical applications workshops
- Actively manage da Vinci proctors through validation, education and performance assessment
- Coordinate customer labs and travel
- Review and approve clinical procedure marketing and training material for target market under his/her responsibility
- Keeps the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action
- Performs other duties as required to support the company's overall strategy and goals
- Consistently demonstrates culture and values of the organization internally and externally
Required Skills/Job Requirements
- Minimum B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with commercial complex medical device products in the field required. Experience with da Vinci systems in a clinical environment a plus.
- Must be fluent in surgical terminology and have sound knowledge of anatomy & surgery. Experience working with cadaveric specimen and animal models.
- Experience working with surgeons and their teams in an operating room environment and proven clinical credibility
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, and intuition for spatial relations, including the ability to understand complex mechanical products
- Proven success recognizing critical issues with the ability to react quickly under pressure, and drive issues to closure by taking coordinated action. Creative applying simple solutions.
- Strong project management, planning, and change management skills
- Excellent communication (written, verbal), presentation and documentation skills; proven ability to cultivate relationships based on trust and delivering on promises
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects in fast-paced environment with changing priorities and limited resources
- Independent, self-motivated, proactive working skills with attention to detail and an appreciation of “excellence" in performance
- Fluent in English and German; further languages desired
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time, domestic and international
Intuitive Surgical provides good remuneration and secondary benefits. For this position you will be hired directly at the company. Relocation is not required as long as you live close to a major airport since you have to be able to travel domestic as abroad.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ: ISRG) is a global technology leader in minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery. The Company's da Vinci®Surgical System enables surgeons to operate minimally invasively through a few small incisions or the belly button from a nearby ergonomic console. The da Vinci System features a magnified 3D HD vision system and tiny wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand. As a result of this technology, da Vinci enables surgeons to operate with enhanced vision, precision and control.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Bram Geerets via telefoonnummer 06-13888330
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.