Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. Albert Einstein.
Over de functie
You will be responsible for demonstrating that our products comply with the international EMC standards (e.g. IEC60601-1-2). Next to the specialized EMC role you will also act as Electrical Designer.
Your key areas of responsibility are:
- Setup the test strategy and test plans to comply with EMC international standards in alignment with the norm
- Perform EMC (pre-)compliance tests in collaboration with the EMC lab at Philips Innovation Services.
- Direct and support suppliers with respect to EMC compliancy.
- Consult and coach electrical designers in design solutions to comply with EMC.
Your key areas of responsibility as Electrical Designer are:
- Create the electrical design in easy to maintain and extendible parts (components and modules). You verify that
the design and implementation complies with the system requirements.
- Play a dominant role in make-or-buy decisions.
- Outsource electrical activities and deliverables to external suppliers and partners. You specify the assignment and
requirements. You guide and monitor the supplier or partner during the development project and accept the products
based on pre-defined acceptance criteria.
- Build the electrical development plan and planning as input for the project plan in near corporation with the project
manager. You drive the realization of this plan, by making sure that the planned deliverables are ready on time with the
right quality. You lead the Electrical Engineers and Designers in the design and implementation and review their
- Formulate the technical roadmap for electrical products in near corporation with all stakeholders, taking into account
technologies, tooling and application trends. The Electrical Designer conducts Concepts & Feasibility studies and leads
the introduction of new technologies
- Identify, initiate and drive improvements within the electrical domain such as product, technical and process
- Implement applicable international standards (IEC60601, IEC62368, ISO13485, ISO14971 …) to guarantee a safe use
for our patients and users. You participate in standard committees.
- Network with colleagues, both internal Philips as external, and maintain contacts for benchmarking, new technologies,
tooling, design methods and reflects them to the group.
We are looking for you if you have/are:
- A Master or Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or electronics
- Experience in the design and implementation of systems and experience in electrical subjects such as power electronics,
EMC, thermal design, reliability, of at least 3-5 years.
- An End-to-end overall view with respect to manufacturability, serviceability, cost price, knowledge and understanding of
other disciplines (software, mechanics) with which co-operation takes place.
- Knowledge and experience of international standards (e.g. IEC62368, IEC60601, ISO13485, ISO14971…)
- Abstract, analytical and creative thinker with helicopter view. You drive (out-of-the-box) solutions to complex problems.
- Aware of the role of change management. Is capable to introduce new technologies, products, etc. after alignment with
- Able to lead a team of designers and engineers. Drives the team’s deliverables on time with the right quality.
- Able to coach designers and engineers.
- Communicative, a good listener, and is able to give good presentations to various levels in the organization.
- An improvement attitude, is a leader by leading through example.
- An entrepreneur who dares to take balanced risks. Is able to balance time vs. quality.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended
Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry.
You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
You will be part of the Business Unit Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) within Philips Healthcare.
The Business Unit MRI is responsible for marketing, product development and life cycle management of 1.5T and 3T High end
and Mid-range MRI Systems. In the MRI Development group you will be part of the hardware department with focus on the cost
down and reliability up activities throughout the system.
For more information, you can click on the following link:
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.