Excellent opportunity for an Associate Scientist within the biotechnological industry.
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for an Associate Scientist.
The Bacterial Vaccines department is working on the discovery and early development of novel vaccines for bacterial infectious diseases. It strives to address unmet medical needs, such as bacteremia (sepsis), meningitis, and respiratory tract and nosocomial infections. Projects at the Bacterial Vaccines department are primarily structured on scientific and technical collaboration with external biotechnology partners (governmental and industrial) that are innovative leaders in their field. This working process includes ‘state of the art’ vaccine discovery, with subsequent in vivo evaluation of these vaccine candidates in animal models for immunogenicity and/or efficacy. In addition, manufacturing processes are optimized and established, and the resulting clinical trial material is evaluated in human clinical studies.
As an Associate Scientist in Bio-Organic Chemistry/Analysis you will take part in a major vaccine project. In the course of your work, you will interact with various Bacterial Vaccines teams, and with support departments. You will be expected to perform laboratory work full-time.
The Bacterial Vaccines department is strengthening its chemical development and analysis capabilities, which are centered mainly on the production and analysis of carbohydrate-protein conjugates and peptide –protein conjugates. Previous experience in an industrial setting would strongly benefit Bacterial Vaccines projects.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Producing and evaluating carbohydrate-protein conjugates in small-scale experiments, including physico-chemical analysis
- Data acquisition and evaluation
- Daily operation and maintenance of equipment
- Work will be performed under supervision of a Scientist
- Master degree in a relevant discipline such as organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or related fields (a PhD degree will be considered as overqualified for this position)
- Minimal two years relevant work experience (biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry is a plus)
- Previous experience working with carbohydrates, simple organic reactions, and (bio) chemical analysis (e.g. HPLC)
- It desirable to have experience on labelling and HPLC analysis of glycans
- Experience with glycoproteins is regarded as a valuable skill in this project
- Protein labeling skills and knowledge about chemical modifications of proteins is highly desirable
- Communicates clearly
- Team player, flexible, motivated
- Planning, organizing and executing work efficiently
- Language skills: fluent English
- Computer skills (MS Office, Chemdraw , etc.)
Secondment placement for 1 year, full-time (32 hours only discussable after 1 year).
We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position. You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
A global biotech company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious diseases.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.