Design is intelligence made visible.
Over de functie
You accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter.You help to define the future of healthcare by developing first-of-a-kind solutions that have a positive impact on people’s health.
Within the Application Software group as part of the Electronics Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Designer who will work together with the existing team in developing the Embedded Linux application software for one of our future Philips products.
As a Senior Embedded Linux Software Designer you are responsible for:
- Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs you create.
- The design, realization, integration, and test of the Embedded Linux system
- Inspiring and supporting your engineering team
- Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you
- Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget
- Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader.
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software.
- Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system.
- Leading improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and performs future-oriented studies with other specialists
Your team will work according to the Agile principles of Scrum and eXtreme Programming. You will work on highly innovative, first-of-a-kind propositions that are new within Philips, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself. The world doesn’t run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favor.
We offer the opportunity to play a leading role in achieving Philips’ ambitions with digital connected products and to truly contribute to the way our innovations improve the health and well-being of our customers. You will work in close cooperation with colleagues from the Electronics department as well as other Software departments across Philips, playing a key role in driving the transition process that will turn Philips into a Digital Systems company. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
We are looking for
- You have a Master Degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience in (networked) prototype or product development
- Proven track record with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum and eXtreme Programming (especially test driven development/mocking and continuous build & integration)
- Experience with C++ programming language
- Proven track record of object oriented analysis and design
- You enjoy working in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
- Strong technical skills in software development on an Embedded Linux platform.
- Enjoy working in cross-functional teams
- Are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
- Have an affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with relatively vague requirements
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Theo Reijnen via telefoonnummer 06-10762567
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.