Manufacturing is more than just putting parts together. It's coming up with ideas, testing principles and perfecting the engineering, as well as final assembly. - James Dyson
Over de functie
Core of the function
The Test Technician performs standard operational tasks involving tests and measurements under the direction of a Senior Test Engineer mainly.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Test Technician tasks and responsibilities are:
- Executes safety tests according to prescribed test protocols;
- Prepares and performs mechanical and Reliability test in close cooperation with BU development Engineers and Project leaders.
- Set-up, test, maintain and troubleshoot test and measurement equipment, including software, for the purpose of testing and measuring assemblies and/or final systems and related items;
- Plans tests;
- Operate test and measuring equipment;
- Monitors or tests forecasted technical performance;
- Records data for archiving;
- Evaluates results and prepares test reports;
- Arranges and facilitates calibration of test equipment in consultation with the Test Engineer and the suppliers;
- If applicable, assures payment of tests and other services, by collecting financial data from customers, recording the hours to be charged, and timely informing the Financial Controller;
- Assists the Test Engineer with respect to method modification and development and validation of new testing methods;
- Reports to the Test Engineer or Manager Quality Laboratory;
- Is attentive for nonconforming work and reports this if applicable;
- Gives advice with respect to improvement possibilities, corrective and preventive actions;
- Refers customers to the Test Engineer if non-standard tests or consultancy are requested, which are above the Test Technicians competences.
- Familiar with all relevant test methods and procedures, the objectives of the tests and the assessment of test results;
- Keep specific technical knowledge and expertise up to date to ensure a sufficient level of competence for the execution and interpretation of tests;
- Maintain a good relationship with customers and (senior) Test Engineers.
- A degree in mechanical engineering or reached this level by experience;
- Educated in the relevant technical discipline;
- Affinity with measuring and testing;
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable standards that describe test methods in the relevant technical discipline;
- Pro-active, disciplined, flexible, well organized, cooperative and efficient;
- Quality-oriented, reliable, honest and accurate;
- Able to operate both independently and in a team;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch;
- Good reading skills in English.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Please contact me at +31 6 5199 2618 or email@example.com.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rob Braun via telefoonnummer 06-51992618
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.