Be the change you want to see in the world - M.K. Gandhi
Over de functie
The Cell Lead is responsible to provide direction for the developmental aspects (chemistry, analytics and solid state chemistry) regarding Alcami Weert customer projects during the period the project is assigned to him/her. Besides the scientific aspects regarding content, the function also comprises communication within Alcami to other departments involved (e.g. production, EH&S and QA) and takes care of reporting to the customer. The aim of the Cell Lead is to ensure the daily course of events within a project runs as smooth as possible.
Position in organization
Direct manager: Head of Development
Co-workers: Cell team members
- a Cell Lead reports to the Head of Development (Directorate Level).
- Together with the Analytical Project Leader and the Project Manager, the Cell Lead forms the core team of the consigned projects.
- Within the project team, the Cell Lead is the direct line manager of the co-workers in the cell (up to e.g. 10 direct reports).
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Tunes in with the Head of Development regarding the required resources to execute a project.
- Takes care of execution and supervision of the required Process R&D, control strategy and production batches.
- Is responsible for the scientific content of projects, takes care of pointing the direction of the cell team members.
- Coordinates the generation of updates, checks the contents on scientific correctness, and delivers the updates to the customer.
- Participates in meetings by telephone (“telecons”) with the customer.
- Ensures that the required documentation (R&D reports, production reports, batch records, deviations, flow schemes, CCA etc.) is generated and reviewed. Delegates if applicable and checks the contents for correctness.
- Ensures that raw materials and materials required for R&D and production are ordered. Coordinates that these materials are released in time and with the correct requirements (specifications) with analytical department and supply chain.
- Ensures that the required information for the execution of a production campaign is present in time. This comprises process information and instructions, safety and cleaning information.
- Is the primary contact for customers and auditors pertaining the scientific aspects of projects.
- Advises the Head of Development regarding the selection of project members.
- Gives input for the evaluation of project inquiries pertaining content, feasibility, planning and required resources.
- If required, generates (or assists in generating) project proposals.
Leadership and supervision:
- Is capable to lead cell team members within the projects functionally, possesses good communicative and people skills that (continuously) motivate a project team.
- Is responsible for executing annual appraisals using the performance evaluation system as well as 360 ⁰ feedback loops for up to e.g. 10 direct reports and follow ups to this
- Responsible for day to day performance management of the team members
- Leads daily team discussions (e.g. Cell Tier Meetings) to discuss aspects such as project resources, safety, quality, delivery and cost aspects
- Accountable for relevant input during meetings such as the daily Sun Rise meetings, CAPRI (safety) meetings as well as department meetings
- Is capable to work result-oriented.
- Acts as sparring partner for the Head of Development, department coworkers, Analytical Project Leaders and Project Managers.
- Maintains the contact with the customer for the scientific basis of projects and also concerning the progress of projects.
- Is capable to write in correct English language suitable for the audience.
- Good control of the Dutch and English both in language and in writing.
- Academic education in chemistry or likewise acquired by experience. Preferably holds PhD.
- Preferably (over) 5 years, experience in a chemical-pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience with project management, process chemistry, GMP and EHS guidelines.
- Capable to independently judge the scientific aspects of the chemistry of, and solve the problems in, projects, and also capable to prepare and to lead a work-plan.
- Capable to lead (small) project teams.
- Has understanding of the mechanism of operation of the organization. Has understanding of effective planning of projects and production campaigns.
- Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
- Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first culture.
- Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
- Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and regulatory standards.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Holiday allowance of 8% in May and a 13 th month payment in November
- Collective insurance and pension agreement
- An ambitious work environment with a dedicated and enthusiastic team
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers, accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of something different.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Germa Karsmakers-van Wijk via telefoonnummer 06-54794187
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.