Design is intelligence made visible.
Over de functie
Test Automation Architect
As Test Automation Architect you are responsible for the definition, solution development and technical supervision of complex test automation projects. These projects can be related to design verification as well as manufacturing control.
You will be mainly involved in the definition and review of testable requirements and the development of an optimization, integration and testing strategy towards product realization. In your role, you will integrally manage the design, development, execution and reporting of tests. You will maintain and develop knowledge and expertise resulting in state-of-the-art approaches to serve our customers with the test and verification service proposition.
As Test Automation architect you will
• Actively pursue opportunities and drive the development of SW platforms for testing purposes across global Philips businesses
• Develop new platform concepts for interfacing test automation software to other IT tools, e.g. test management tools, ERP tools, …
• Provide input and manage stakeholders to facilitate decision-making on selection and implementation of test platforms
• Support the development of SMART, testable requirements in innovation/realization projects in the field of test automation across the global business.
• Work with project leaders, other system architects and lead engineers to develop a risk based development, integration and verification strategy
• Develop actionable integration and verification plans to release developed solutions according to specified requirements
• Create, supervise and/or review development related project deliverables, e.g. technical design documents
• Coach and coordinate a team of SW developers towards full implementation of the solution
• Coach the functional Test Measurement Automation team towards maturity and consistent structured SW development practices
• Identify improvement opportunities in Philips businesses with respect to the Test and Verification proposition and develop actionable proposals and plans to address these
• Participate in and feed expert networks and take ownership to follow up on new inputs
• Manage your activities and services according to good project management practices
The Test & Measurement Automation (TMA) group of Philips Innovation Services is located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (The Netherlands). The group consists of 5 highly competent and experienced specialists delivering engineering services to Philips Research, HealthTech and external companies.
The group has an open-innovation mindset, maintaining operational contact to key suppliers for flexible adaption to project requests. Next to delivering services the team manages competences and tools and routinely facilitates re-use of components and technologies. For realization of complete systems, the group cooperates closely with the other innovative departments within Philips.
We are looking for
• Ample experience with technical LabVIEW software (+ 10 yrs) is a must, experience with other platforms like e.g. C/C++, C#, and Python has a strong preference
• MSc or BSc degree in a relevant technical discipline like Physics, Electronics or Technical Software
• Min 5 year experience with physical/electrical measurement techniques
• Expert knowledge of data acquisition and instrument control
• Experience in Object Oriented programming is a must
• Extensive NI Teststand experience is a must
• Architectural and structured problem solving skills are required
• Experience with FPGA programming, and signal processing is a pre
• Experience with motion, vision and optics is a pre
• Acquaintance with Matlab is a pre
• Affinity with working in a medical environment is a pre
• Affinity with innovative dynamic development projects, and feel comfortable with relatively vague requirements
• An interest and preferably working experience in Agile development methodologies
• Excellent communication skills and a supportive attitude to customers
• Pragmatic, flexible and able to cope with time pressure
• A team player
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are :
• Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and the ability to adapt to change.
• Analytical, you are open to new ideas and believe in continuous learning in order to develop new competencies.
• A critical but constructive reviewer
• Customer focused, have excellent communication skills and you are a team player.
• Fluent in English
• Willing to travel a substantial part of the job.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
At YACHT we will offer you a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position.
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Sciences industry.
You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Jeroen Geraets via telefoonnummer 06-82475253
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.