Together working on building your career
Over de functie
In the role as the technical analyst Fuel Economy and CO2, you will support the development of new vehicle projects by means of advanced numerical simulations within the Technical Analysis group. This department consists of a team with 15 specialists, responsible for the numerical verification and validations of new vehicle concepts and vehicle designs within the Product Development division. By means of simulations, new developments on vehicle and system level are evaluated and optimized for different vehicle performance aspects: Fuel Economy and CO2 emission, Aerodynamics, thermodynamics, NVH, Vehicle Handling, Crash Safety, Durability.
These simulations support the design process from the first concept ideas to the final validation and sign-off of the truck design.
The focus of the development is on fuel economy improvement of the powertrain by including and optimizing hybrid/electrification functionality, improving longitudinal controls functions, improving efficiency of different driveline components, aerodynamics, platooning, optimized energy management.
As Technical Analyst Fuel Economy and CO2 you are responsible for:
- Defining and modifying of the simulations models and simulations plans
- Performing simulations and analyses on Fuel Economy, CO2 emissions and driveline performance
- Defining test program proposals for validation and use these test results in model validations
- Processing the analyses to conclusions and design recommendations
- Maintaining the capability knowledge by following the new technologies in the field of Fuel Economy and alternative drivelines
- All in close cooperation with Vehicle Definition, Vehicle Testing and Engineering departments, incl. alignment with PACCAR divisions Kenworth, Peterbilt and PACCAR Technical Center
The ideal fit for this position brings along the following skills and experience:
- Preferably a Master Degree (in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive/Aerospace Engineering)
- Proven affinity/experience with Automotive Technology, numerical simulations and/or energy management
- Good analytic skills
- Experience in the field of powertrain simulations
- Knowledge and experience with Matlab / Simulink is a must
- Fluent in English language and Dutch preferable- effective communication in both verbal and written form
- Soft skills: - Ability to work independently and to collaborate well in teams - A proactive workstyle, accountable, accurate and self-organizing
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
DAF Trucks is the fastest growing truck manufacturer in Europe. They are successful because the demands and requirements of their customers are decisive for the development of the products.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Robert Dolmans via telefoonnummer 06-82724609
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.