You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Over de functie
The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects within one of the key development programs within Thermo Fisher Scientific. The principal focus of this role is managing the successful integration, test and release of third party image, detection and acquisition modules according to specifications for industry-leading capital equipment. This position utilizes the Product Management Process (PMP) to effectively guide new and existing products through development, upgrades and/or installations. Key interactions will be required with various groups (i.e., external vendors and partners, internal stakeholders, system architects, peers in mechanical, electrical and software engineering and overall program management).
Specific tasks associated with this opportunity include:
Manage the integration of third party modules i.e. cameras, X-ray detectors and other advanced detection and imaging techniques, into our TEM systems with the aim to qualify them and to release them for production.
The function requires the capability to manage (delicate) projects with key suppliers and the ability to establish successful cooperation with key supplier and partners.
Implement rigorous review processes and set clear expectations around the key deliverables of the program. Hold internal and external vendors accountable to specifications and timelines through rigorous project reviews, adherence to the PMP and defined delivery schedules.
Develop and implement analytical rigor in systems and requirements analysis.
Provide support during roll-out of the modules in production and second level support for our service and engineering department.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a University Degree in Physics, Engineering or related discipline.
- Typically requires 10+ years of work experience, of which you have worked in an R&D environment.
- 7+ years proven experience in systems or subsystems project management
- Experience in managing projects in close cooperation with partners and suppliers with mechanical, electrical and large SW content.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex engineering projects through a defined product management process.
- Ability to build consensus among key stakeholders that may not be under your management control.
- Strong communication ability is required due to the cross-functional nature of this role. An ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences is helpful in this role.
- Ability to manage and assign specific duties, and create a constructive and cooperative working relationship.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic and adopting environment characterized by high innovation speed, short time to market and fast ramp-up.
Yacht will boost your career through personal and technical growth. Our highly recommended Yacht Academy helps you to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date! You’ll become member of our professional network in which you can easily interact with your colleagues from Yacht. It’s a great way to exchange personal and professional experiences and questions.
Besides this, the Yacht client network offers a very nice perspective on all kinds of new interesting projects. By joining us you will have an excellent entrance to the Dutch labour market and we will help you to develop your career in the top of the global High Tech industry.
Yacht is an Employer of Choice for many BSc, MSc, or PhD tech professionals who enjoy working in the famous Dutch High Tech industry. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group, we operate as a strategic workforce partner for many international companies. We help them to build a competitive and agile workforce. This extensive network of top level companies offers our Yacht employees a lot of challenging projects, dealing with cutting edge technologies. Working for Yachts means you could work for respected tech companies like: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Signify (formerly Philips Lighting), Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Canon Océ and many others. So would you like to work in the global High Tech Top, join us.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Twan Mertens via telefoonnummer 06-57897304
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.