Bringing High Tech companies and High end specialists together
Over de functie
We're looking for a Senior UX Researcher to strengthen our team for a period of 5 months (pregnancy replacement), with a possible extension to a full-time position afterwards.
About the UX unit
In the User Experience team, we are passionate about our products and determined to constantly improve them. We know that only by truly understanding user needs can we create intuitive products. We constantly learn about our users, their behaviour, attitudes and emotions. We work together in an open, friendly environment where creativity is key. We share our knowledge and are eager to learn and grow.
What do we expect from you?
As a Senior User Researcher, you will be responsible for driving UX research within the UX unit and beyond.
You are passionate about designing and executing user research and usability testing, sharing findings and recommendations and contributing to innovative design solutions. You can easily put yourself in the customer's shoes (or car) and capture the context of use.
You can present and share your work in a compelling and convincing way in front of key stakeholders. You have a strong will to create easy to use, delightful products. You love iterating ux designs together with designers to find the best possible user experience. And when you identify a user need with business potential you follow through.
We expect you to manage multiple projects if needed and mentor less experienced researchers.
And you feel comfortable collaborating in and coordinating large international research projects.
You're proactive, a great team player and above all you love your work.
What you will do:
• Work closely together with Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, developers, Information Architects and Product Mangement to invent, improve and implement Interaction Models, Information Architectures, and User Interfaces.
• Think holistically about the end-to-end TomTom experience.
• Proactively identify areas that need to be explored and drive the agenda.
• Design, plan and execute research and usability testing for new products and prototypes.
• Guide preparation of user test materials, such as prototypes.
• Perform statistics, interpret and categorize user input and summarize the results.
• Distill new insights from the user research and come up with practical improvements.
• Perform (usability) reviews of product concepts and do literature research.
• Organize and participate in concept development and design ideation.
• 5+ years of industry experience in user research.
• An advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Ethnography, Industrial Design or related discipline.
• A deep understanding of user experience challenges of mobile devices, web and computer software in general. Experience with hardware design evaluation, navigation and map software is a big plus.
• In-depth experience with the whole package of qualitative and quantitative user research methods such as usability testing, interviewing, diary studies, user observation and questionnaires…
• A good understanding of statistics and research design.
• Excellent leadership, coaching skills and a team player.
• Persuasive communication skills.
• Creative problem solver.
• Strong conceptual skills
• Self-motivated and dedicated to excellence.
• Enthusiasm and positive energy.
• Visible as a User Experience advocate, both inside and outside TomTom (e.g. in UX community)
• Solid time-management and prioritisation skills with the ability to run simultaneous projects.
• A passion for technology and gadgets in general.
• Fluency in English.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 5 months+
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Dorus Kanen via telefoonnummer 06-10360389
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.