You can't change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails to always reach your destination
Over de functie
In this role, you have the opportunity to
• Play an impactful role in the development of comprehensive diagnostic tools, leading to improved outcomes in cancer care.
• Contribute to the development and improvement of computational and mathematical models of signal transduction pathways in both cancer and immune cells
• Contribute to the development of integrated radio-genomics computational pipelines for extraction and biological interpretation of genomics, radiology and pathology data
Together with a multidisciplinary team you will
• Analyze bio-molecular data derived from clinical studies and biological experiments (qPCR, microarray, RNA-seq) to verify, develop and further improve our computational models.
• Analyze computational imaging-based signatures with respect to genomics and pathology assessments
• Analyze clinical outcome data with respect to model results.
• Act as a source of information and explore new opportunities in bio-molecular and clinical outcome data analysis tools.
You are responsible for
• Carrying out industrial research, enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing-in new knowledge in the area of computational biology
• Transforming knowledge to operational use within the team working on developing novel molecular tests
• A methodological way of working, where milestones are defined in a clear project frame work, aligned with customer agreement
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• A MSc or PhD degree in biomedical engineering, computational biology, systems biology, biomedical informatics, bioinformatics or similar studies or studies such as applied mathematics, statistics, physics with a proven record of working with biological and clinical data
• A strong background in processing, analyzing and interpreting (molecular) biology and/or clinical outcome data
• A strong background in modeling of biological systems
• A strong familiarity with tools such as R and/or MATLAB
• Both practical hands-on clinical and biomolecular data analysis experience and a sound mathematical education level
• Ability to combine biology and mathematics/statistics in developing new approaches and connect multiple disciplines
• Proficient in verbal and written communication
• A team-player mentality
You are a part of
The Precision and Decentralized Diagnostics (P&DDx) department of Philips Research is working on innovative solutions to improve people’s lives by developing end-to-end validated precision diagnostics for relevant clinical questions, empowering health professionals to use these in routine clinical decision making. We are specialized in generating and understanding complex feature-rich data in different specialisms such as imaging, pathology and genomics. We develop novel biological and mathemathical models and algorithms. And, we interprete data in a patient-specific biological context based on deep clinical and biological insights.
The areas in which we innovate are in the healthspace of Oncology and Cardiology. Projects executed in this department are mainly targeting attractive healthcare applications in cancer diagnosis, cardiovascular diseases and digital pathology. We innovate in close collaboration with several business partners amongst others in the business unit Emerging Business Areas and with ventures in HealthWorks.
Philips is driven by their mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day they move closer to achieving their goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to their employees who share their passion for improving lives, they are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. They enable their employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
At YACHT we will offer you a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position.
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Sciences industry.
You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Bram Geerets via telefoonnummer 06-13888330
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.