De leukste vacatures vind je bij mij!
Over de functie
Are you excited about creative concepts? Do you have a passion for how products are produced? Are you a proactive individual with sharp negotiation skills, who has a solid background in Sourcing, Purchasing, Supplier relationships and production processes? Our client is looking for a results-oriented Sourcing Manager.
What your role will involve:
A Sourcing Manager is involved in the pre-production (sourcing & pricing) stage and will take responsibility for leading the strategic sourcing activities for our projects. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the future of procurement within this dynamic environment with a clear strategic direction. This position is part of the production team and involves close interaction with the designers, sales team and manufacturers.
You identify, evaluate and select suppliers and manage supplier relationships on both a global and regional basis, driving product demand optimizations and cost reductions. You are constantly looking for new suppliers and product options and will be on the road to visit manufacturers and trade fairs. You keep records and documentation of supplier information in an organized and structured way, including the total flow of a product and line-up.
Furthermore, you collect, analyze and compare price quotations and you report price insights. Pro-actively you identify and report (potential) risks and reduce them as much as possible. You are always on the hunt for reducing the cost by being creative, negotiate or finding more efficient ways of productions. You will proactively suggest these improvements to the design- and sales team. You have an affinity with and follow trends/innovations in product design and production processes.
As a Sourcing Manager you are passionate about how a product is being made. You are a driven, strategic thinker with solid business acumen. For this position, it is vital to have strong negotiation skills, together with experience in purchasing and supplier relation management. A background and ‘know-how’ of production processes is preferred, to have smooth communication with the different manufacturers. You are hands-on and happy to dive into all aspects of the production process. Legal, safety and logistical matters also capture your interest.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in a related study, preferably: international trade and business, economics, purchasing and supply chain management
- Minimum 4 years of related working experience
- Fluent in English and Dutch language, both verbally and written; knowledge of the Chinese language is preferred.
- You have affinity with the manufacturing process of a wide range of products.
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Internationally experienced:
- Audited factories (travel a few times a year)
- Sourced and developed products in Asia
- Driven, strategic thinker with solid business acumen
- Familiar with product specifications, product development and production processes (plastic industry, cardboard & paper industry, but also emerging new possibilities);
- Have the ability to understand and communicate technical information;
- Have the ability to work under pressure, autonomously and with tight deadlines;
- Excellent MS Office (Excel/Word) skills
Working at our client is a truly rewarding experience. They offer there employees the following benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Good secondary remuneration, including pension
• Opportunity to develop yourself and grow within a quickly growing company
• An easily accessible work place in Amsterdam
• Friendly and sociable colleagues
Are you interested in working as Sourcing Manager in a creative and successful international company, based in Amsterdam? Click on the “Apply” button and apply for this vacancy online.
Klan van Yacht
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Zeycan Baykal via telefoonnummer 06-10522325
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.