You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Over de functie
The Software Scientist be part of a quality-driven team in the Image Acquisition and Detection Software group. The group develops acquisition, control, and data processing production software in a multi-disciplinary setup, across multiple international development sites.
You will be part of the data-processing team of approximately 5 engineers, working closely with system architects, and the various hardware and software teams.
The goal here is to analyse materials with his imaging technique. You will be responsible for maintaining improving and developing data analysis algorithms. You implement these algorithms into the software includig extensive sofware testing. The work requires understanding of the physics, hardware capabilities and the application software.
Validation measurements have to be defined, preferable also performed. Resulting data has to be analyzed.
Interaction with system architects, system engineers and application scientists is required in order to push the boundaries of automated analysis.
We are looking for engineers eager to learn our hardware and the physics required to design the algorithms, and transform the algorithms into product quality code.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary technical environment to solve complex technical problems. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Requires a MSc or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related technical discipline.
- A strong background in mathematics and algorithmic development, from prototype to optimized code
- 3+ years’ experience in development of high-performance algorithmic software, for (semi-) real-time devices
- Preference for development experience in highly-integrated, high-performance systems used in semiconductor capital equipment or related industries. At a minimum, development experience with medium sized software applications.
- Must demonstrate clear ability to develop effective integration software for complex, high-performance subsystems and components, in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong C++ skills, for productization of the algorithms (including C++11/14, SIMD and concurrent programming)
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Python or Matlab, for initial development
- Good understanding of mathematics (linear algebra)
- Knowledge of particle physics is highly appreciated (electron behaviour)
- Experience with the use of electron microscopes
- Source control management (RTC, Git)
- TDD, Unit testing
- Experience with COM, C++ and C# interoperability
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Value orientation, getting to the essence, setting and acting according to priorities
- Result orientation and showing initiative
Excellent Salary conditions and extra benefit package
If you want to help accelerate discoveries that change our world for the better, look no further than FEI. We are looking for motivated and inspired professionals with experience to strengthen our R&D software organization. We are devoted to bringing leading technologies to different markets with high quality products and services. There’s an enormous variety of applications of our tools for our customers! From research to create better medicines and finding a cure for cancer, to examining how the structure wafers are build up and how the paint of a sport car can be improved! It's just a small grip out of these varieties.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Theo Reijnen via telefoonnummer 06-10762567
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.