You can't change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails to always reach your destination
Over de functie
- You will work on the specification, design and realization of embedded and real-time software that will be part of our, partly implantable, spinal cord stimulation system (Class III Medical Device.) Potential topics are:
- Software implementation of data communication between implantable (IPG) and body worm systems;
- Implantable Pulse Generator firmware, starting with feasibility units and prototypes of system, expanding towards External pulse generator system. Interaction/cooperation with IPG design house/manufacturer.
- Real-time control firmware for body worm Motion Controller (closed loop control system and commutation hub). Communication via BLE and propriety protocols.
- You will work together with our architects in making and documenting design choices. You will work in a multidisciplinary engineering team
- You will, setup and maintain a development environment for embedded software and in compliance with IEC/EN 62304.
- You have a bachelor or master in electronics or software engineering with proven substantial experience in software development and embedded systems.
- You are experienced in programming software that operates in, and interfaces directly with a hardware environment with limited resources (memory, processor speed, power consumption, safety, encryption…).
- At least 7 years’ experience in C and C++ in professional embedded product environments, version control, test automation, continuous integration and unit testing. (Minimal hands-on knowledge of lab equipment is a pre).
- The software development shall be done according IEC/EN 62304. Experience with this standard or with software development in the medical domain is highly appreciated. Other regulated environments (like automotive) is also appreciated.
- You are familiar with wireless communication protocols like Bluetooth low-energy (BLE) and reliability challenges that come with these protocols.
- You have a systems-thinking attitude, can identify areas of potential improvement and develop plans to address these.
- You are a high-energy, self-motivated, pro-active individual able to work in a diverse team within a startup company.
- You are fluent in English. This is our company language.
This concerns a full-time and permanent position directly with our client.
Our client is associated with the world-class research conducted at the Technical and Life Science Faculties of EPFL. They operate at two sites and the comination of the expertise of both sites results in a unique and dynamic fertilization that forms the basis for building world class neuromodulation devices.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Theo Reijnen via telefoonnummer 06-10762567
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.