Lead the setup of the verification of a multidisciplinary (technical) product
Over de functie
We seek an enthusiastic Research engineer / Scientist capable of significantly contributing to research activities that comply to the industrial product development needs for Philips Oral Healthcare. Candidate will be tasked with carrying out In-vitro and In-vivo activities that support both short and long-term OHC interests. In-vitro efforts can be in the form of cultivation and the subsequent removal of biofilms, while In-vivo efforts could be in the form of testing prototypes on volunteers. Past experience is not required, provided that candidate is capable of quickly mastering new skills and generate new ideas to strengthen the IP portfolio for the OHC domain. Main activities require understanding of biology, physics/mechanics.
As research engineer/scientist in the Oral Healthcare department, your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Independently plan and carryout industrial research in the area of oral health
- Draw conclusions from obtained results and recommend next steps in written reports or oral presentations
- (Co)-write internal approval requests for In-vitro / In-vivo studies and ensuring timely delivery of trustworthy results
- Stay up-to-date with regard to relevant technical developments (internal & external)
- Generate new relevant ideas
- Collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines (physics, chemistry, biology, etc)
In your role, you will be based at Philips Research Eindhoven on the High Tech Campus in the Netherlands. You will report to the department manager of the Oral Healthcare Research Group.
We are looking for
To be successful as Research Engineer or Scientist you need to be/have:
- A BSc or MSc degree in Applied/Biomedical sciences or another relevant area providing solid foundations in Biology and Physics;
- A strong affinity with Mechanics and or Engineering;
- A mandatory certification in Biosafety (Safe Microbiological Techniques);
- Experience with DfSS (Green belt certified or willing);
- Capable of assimilating knowledge on short term;
- Technical insight;
- Realizes the importance of IP-protection;
- Willing to carry out lab activities in the foreseeable 3year horizon;
- Proficient in English (writing and communication (English due to an international team);
- Embody our research growth culture and the Philips values in continuous improvement;
- Interest and passion for industrial research and bringing (consumer) Healthcare products to market;
- A team-player mentality.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy.
We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry.
You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Philips Research is a global organization that helps Philips introduce meaningful innovations that improve people’s lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and – where needed – first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
The Oral Healthcare department of Philips Research is focused on long-term winning innovations in the field of Oral Healthcare for Philips. Our mission is to deliver the best performance over lifetime, endorsed by professionals. The department is based on the High Tech Campus, Eindhoven, The Netherlands and consists of both junior and seasoned professionals. The research team is highly multidisciplinary, covering among others (oral)microbiology, chemistry, physics and software. The eventual candidate will be allocated to two crucial projects focusing on both short and long-term research questions.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Bram Geerets via telefoonnummer 06-13888330
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.