Lead the setup of the verification of a multidisciplinary (technical) product
Over de functie
Within Philips Healthcare the Business Unit Image Guided Therapy (IGT) R&D Best is urgently looking for a Electrical Designer preferably with experience in the medical domain.
As IGT, we are the leading innovator in image-guided interventional solutions. With our partners, we improve the health of patients and save lives, every day, everywhere!
Within the R&D department of IGT Best the Image Chain Cluster has a simple and ambitious goal to make the best Image Chain in the world which includes X-Ray, imaging data processing, data & video networking and display functionality. This role will specially focus on PC’s and video/Data networking. Involved parts are custom specific developed by (international) partners, or just COTS products.
The Key Areas of Responsibility for the (Sr) electrical designer are:
• Responsible for Requirements, Design, implementation, test and integration of his Unit in accordance with the higher level Requirement and - Design specifications / architectures including alignment with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification.
• Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture.
• Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines.
• Ensures that there is proper documentation for his/her design.
• Defines, executes and takes the lead in concept and feasibility studies with a limited scope to investigate the usability of new technologies.
• Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities.
• Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure/ the planning process of his/her area.
• Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress.
• Inspires his team members to get the job done.
• Performs work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the department.
In addition to specific electrical areas specific job knowledge, skills and experience are:
• Since our strategy is to outsource the (detailed) design and engineering activities to our suppliers, we require excellent communication skills to be the technical contact towards our design partners and/or suppliers. This includes together with our supplier (but each with his own responsibility and ownership) the alignment of requirements, test approach, design reviews, FMEA, and specifying and verifying quality and reliability whilst maintaining a good & challenging professional relationship.
• Minimally Bachelor degree (Dutch: HBO) in Mechanical engineering or other relevant discipline
• Experience and knowledge of system development, knowledge of HW/SW interfaces.
• Experience with development in volume production and maintenance of released products
• Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place.
• Good command of English (both written and verbal).
• Disciplined team worker.
• Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts and able to create and review technical documents.
• Accurate and quality minded.
• Improvement attitude.
• Ability to work independently and to act pro-actively.
• Ability to coach, support and direct the Designers / Engineers in a subgroup.
• Ability to communicate on different levels and aware of the means and the effect of communication.
• Capable to introduce efficiency improvements on project level (change management).
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Within Philips Healthcare the Business Unit Image Guided Therapy (IGT) R&D Best is urgently looking for a Electrical Designer preferably with experience in the medical domain. As IGT, we are the leading innovator in image-guided interventional solutions. With our partners, we improve the health of patients and save lives, every day, everywhere!
Within the R&D department of IGT Best the Image Chain Cluster has a simple and ambitious goal to make the best Image Chain in the world which includes X-Ray, imaging data processing, data & video networking and display functionality.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.