'it always seems impossible until it's done'
Over de functie
The Business Technology Solutions department is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our Data and Analytics team on a Product Data Management project. The right candidate will have a strong track record of working specifically on projects managing the quality of data. This is a senior position requiring the candidate to collaborate with business experts at all levels of the organisation as well as technical team members and project managers.
Working closely with the Director of Data Management your key responsibilities will be to
• Conduct a comprehensive data quality assessment of the quality of product data using industry recognised methodologies and practices.
• Produce and track metrics on data quality
• Design and implement processes that monitor and audit data quality
• liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content
• Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
• Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets relating to the companies business
• Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools
• Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations
• Mine and analyze large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them to management using a reporting tool
• Develop “trusted advisor” relationship with senior stakeholders through effective communication and efficient, quality execution on projects
• Support the evaluation of data cleansing tools used in house to ensure they meet requirements
• Evaluate external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
Experience and Skills
• 5+ years of IT business analyst experience
• Degree or combination of relevant education and experience
• ISEB-qualified Business Analyst
• Strong knowledge of conceptual data modelling, data flows, data analysis and data processing
• Experience of using a range of analysis and modelling techniques, for example: modelling current and desired future scenarios, business functions and processes, logic and rules, information flows and data structures.
• Strong communication skills that allow for effective communication across all levels of the organization.
• Strong facilitation skills; ability to facilitate workshops.
• Understanding of the role of BA in the full software development life cycle.
• Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Broad understanding of software development methodologies, platforms, tools, and languages.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, JIRA and Confluence
• Knowledge and experience with UML modelling language.
• IT research, software analysis, and design skills
Conditions through Yacht
This company is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, they partner with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sarah Goossens via telefoonnummer 06-10314211
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.