Together working on building your career!
Over de functie
You possess a lot of experience and you are continuously working on your career. But you’re not sure if you’re currently in the right place to make your way up the ladder. You feel that you’re not being challenged enough and that you’re not developing in your profession. At DAF you get the challenges and opportunities you seek.
DAF Trucks develops, builds and sells trucks, parts and services. Providing clients with the best possible service is our priority. With your initiatives and ideas you control not only your own career but you are also helping DAF to grow further. To help you reach your potential, DAF provides you with excellent career and development opportunities.
The Financial Accounting Manager (FAM) is responsible for efficient and effective financial planning, accounting and all control processes for the French Subsidiary. As such the Financial Accounting Manager is responsible for an accurate and timely accounting (general ledger, financial statements, taxes like VAT, corporate income taxes and other taxes) in accordance with local requirements and PACCAR accounting policies and procedures.
The Financial Accounting Manager will report to the Area Controller.
- Is part of the finance and control team in Eindhoven;
- Responsible manager for the accounting together with an accounting assistant;
- Control and maintain general ledger for both US GAAP and French GAAP;
- Supervise, review and perform complex general ledger reconciliation to sub ledgers and source documentation;
- Analyze in cooperation with local legal/tax advisors the impact of changed internal and external rules, regulations and policies on business accounting;
- Determine, in cooperation with the assigned Area Controller, the proper accounting treatment of complex or unusual transactions;
- Responsible for correct US GAAP reporting to headquarters;
- Responsible for local statutory reporting, tax filings, reporting to the national bank and other governmental institutions;
- Assist the country manager in forecasting & budgeting cycle;
- Manage and coordinate internal and external audits and maintain contacts with external auditors and also relationships with other external parties like tax authorities, consultants, etc.;
- Pro-active and assisting the Area Controller in further optimizing internal processes and systems;
- Participate in special (improvement/automation) projects as assigned.
This requires a hands-on manager who is able to oversee the work to be performed, set clear priorities and monitor progress, coaches and motivates staff and ensures smooth communication across different departments.
- Masters’ degree in accounting and/or business economics;
- At least 5 years of experience in financial accounting and financial reporting;
- Affinity with and active knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP, preferably French GAAP) and tax (VAT, CIT);
- Knowledge of financial software as well as proficiency with MS Excel;
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize tasks;
- Strong analytical skills combined with a high degree of accuracy;
- A hands-on mentality with a high level of accuracy;
- Good knowledge of the French and English language, both verbally and in writing.
Based on the CAO of client
DAF Trucks N.V. is one of Europe's most successful truck manufacturers. At DAF you work in a professional, innovative and safe working environment with a lot of freedom and responsibility. They offer you a career with many opportunities for growth. You choose not only for a feature, you choose especially for a career at DAF. If you would like to work in an international organization, with a no-nonsense culture and ambition, then, DAF is the employer you are looking for.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Susanne van den Heuvel-Weerts via telefoonnummer 06-55808591
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.