We are hiring !
Over de functie
Within the Commercial Vehicles market group the Lead engineer is the first point of contact for our customers on all technical issues during a project. You will lead and supervise engineers in all stages of development during projects. The hydraulic systems for these programs will be developed in the 'center of excellence' in Oldenzaal, the Netherlands and produced in various locations (The Netherlands, France, India, China and Brazil). Our customers include the leading truck manufacturers; Scania, Volvo, DAF and Iveco.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Plan, execute and monitor projects within the engineering department;
- Develop and review product and process specifications with customers, suppliers, team members and stakeholders;
- Develop design concepts with your team, taking into account timing, costs and quality;
- Manage and execute the design process with his team, is responsible for prototype build and testing according validation plans;
- Discusses and defines engineering changes with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders. Implements these changes with his team and releases the designs;
- Makes sure the output of his team meets quality and engineering standards. Considered competent in making technical decisions and trade-offs;
- Provides professional support and guidance to colleagues on a regular basis in order to contribute to the development of their knowledge, skills and quality of execution.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering (Technical background);
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience;
- Advanced experience with (Automotive-like) quality standards such as APQP, ISO-TS etc.;
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably in German, both written and verbal;
- Team player, able to work in multidisciplinary projects teams;
- Knowledge of CAD tools (SolidWorks);
- Knowledge and experience with other engineering tools, such as simulation/modelling, design and calculation tools, FMEA and 8D;
- Experience in a multidisciplinary and international environment;
- Good commercial skills;
- Good leadership and people skills.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Power Packer offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. We offer a pleasant working atmosphere; Fun and Pride are part of our core principles! With a can do attitude and open minded culture we create an environment where people can realize their full potential!
Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in the automotive, truck, marine, agriculture and medical market. Power-Packer develops, assembles and markets actuation systems for customers on a global basis including OEM’s and Tier 1’s in diverse end-markets.
Moreover, Power-Packer is part of the US based corporation Actuant (NYSE listing; ATU). Actuant is a growing company active in a diverse range of industrial markets with locations in more than 30 countries and 5.500 employees worldwide. Our business model is based on Growth and Innovation in Emerging Markets and New Vertical markets. Like Actuant, we are constantly looking for new growth opportunities and innovations. Furthermore, we operate under a strong financial model focused on cash flow and profitability.
Power-Packer Europe is responsible for the business units: Power-Packer, Sanlo, Gits and Yvel. Power-Packer markets served include: Automotive, Truck, Medical, Marine, Special Vehicles & Equipment. Power-Packer has locations in The Netherlands, France, Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico and United States and has more than 1.000 employees.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Natascha Huurman via telefoonnummer 06-23609820
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.