Sommige mensen dromen van grootse dingen, terwijl anderen wakker blijven en ze realiseren!
Over de functie
Within the Biomaterial business Sappi is seeking to build a new business for cellulose reinforced plastics under the name of Sappi Symbio. Sappi Symbio is using a market driven approach to develop new products by means of an iterative process of interviewing possible customers, producing sample material, doing customer trials and adjust development according to acquired knowledge. Currently a base portfolio and first production capacity has been established and numerous commercial trials in a diversity of market segments ranging from furniture, appliances to automotive are ongoing. We are looking to further accelerate the commercialisation of cellulose fibre reinforced plastic materials.
As Technical Sales Manager you will work closely together with the New Business Development Manager, Technical Product Manager, R&D, Product Manager Nanocellulose and VP Biomaterials. Your main responsibility is lead generation and sales in a diversity of markets currently focussing on injection moulding applications. Additionally, it is expected that you will create business opportunities by strongly contribute to the development of new products, business models and go to market strategies.
Main responsibilities of the job
- Identify and engage with new potential customers covering the complete sales funnel from lead generation/identification to sales won
- Manage all aspects of customer trials
- Translate application requirements into possible product improvements and new product development directions
- Support all aspects of new business development
Main activities of the job
- Identify new customers and markets for Sappi Symbio, generate technical value propositions and create commercial opportunities
- Initiate contact with new potential customers and lead them through the sales funnel
- Documentation of customer learnings and feedback via CRM
- Manage required customer activities initiated by possible distributors
- Provide first line of technical support to customers together with technical product management
- Create awareness of Sappi Symbio in the market by supporting branding and promotion campaigns
- Proactively communicate with different internal stakeholders on project progress and timely address potential gaps and hurdles
- Liaise with R&D and technical product management in order to initiate and steer product improvement and new product development according to market needs and opportunities
- Gather and analyse relevant market information
- Create KPI's to measure and ensure success
- BSc or MSc in material/polymer/chemical science or BSc/MSc in business with a proven technical affinity and experience
- Experience in plastic and/or composite application development. Experience with automotive applications is considered to be a strong asset
- Minimum of 5 years experience in technical sales and/or new business development. Commercial experience in the plastic market is considered to be a strong asset
- Strong experience with Innovation processes in a B2B environment
- You are a self starter and have a hunter mentality, are resilient and can deal with uncertainty
- Strong relationship builder that can gain thrust on different levels of an organisation
- Strong team player that likes to operate in cross functional teams
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Written and oral German communication skills are considered to be a strong asset
- This position will require multi day traveling on a regular basis
Sappi is a leading global provider of sustainable woodfibre products and solutions. It is focusing on dissolving wood pulp, specialties and packaging papers, graphic/printing papers as well as biomaterials and biochemicals.
“Symbio” is an internal startup initiative within Sappi seeking to build a new business for cellulose reinforced plastics. Symbio is using a market driven approach to develop new products by means of an iterative process of interviewing possible customers, producing sample material, doing trials and adjust development according to acquired knowledge.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sander Steijvers via telefoonnummer 06-22206549
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.