You can create some soul out of something that's electronic or mechanical.
Over de functie
- Leadership position on assignments within your responsible product group. You are leading a small engineering team that work on LCM projects. Projects include:
o Update designs, analyze, test and release the product in an existing market;
o Rolling out existing products to new markets and make sure the product is compliant to this market;
o Analyzing product’s issues in the market (root-cause analysis of both production problems and consumer complaints) and taking corrective actions if required;
o Defining / executing changes required for new special editions of existing products.
- Leading and coaching engineers on technical issues, problem-solving strategies, and engineering principles.
- Actively schedule and organize the projects, estimating the workload, assigning and dividing the assignments.
- Define, create, update and maintain the technical product documentation including 3-D models and 2-Ddrawings, BOM structure, Design History Files and Device Master Records in our product PLM system Windchill.
- Implementing change requests into Engineering Change Order (ECO) in PLM.
- Reviewing changes on Bill of Materials as well as Technical Product Documentation together Development Engineers, Packaging Engineers, Quality and New Product Introduction Leads.
Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or Mechatronic Engineering
5 to 10 years of relevant engineering experience is required in the fields like consumer goods, fast moving goods, toys, automotive, consumer electronic devices, medical devices.
Minimum 3-5 years experience with technical product data management (Bill of material, drawings) is preferred.
- Knowledgeable with CAD (preferably PTC Creo) and Minitab (statistical analysis).
- Capable to executive seamlessly tolerance calculations through multiple components
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing and assembling techniques for thermoplastics, elastomers and rubbers.
- Experience with injection-molded plastic parts design and tolerance analysis for mass production.
- Experience in writing product development-related technical documentation (e.g. test plan, test reports, technical risk analysis, etc.)
- Capable to challenge tool makers, molders, assembly suppliers on their technical proposals
- Experience with Windchill and Configuration and Change Management is a key advantage
- Experience with DOORS (or any other requirement management tool) is an advantage
- Preferably you are familiar with Design for Six Sigma methodology
- Planning and prioritizing own work and work of others
- Flexible, accurate and precise. make sure that procedures and standards are duly followed
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Track record of developing consumer related products from concept development to market launch with key involvement in the industrialization phase
- Clear examples of design of injection-molded & elastomeric parts (including simulation and prototyping knowledge)
- Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position.
- Fluent in English (writing and talking)
Innovation Site of Eindhoven (ISE) for medical B2C products is part of the Business Group Health and Wellness. It focuses on the development of medical and non-medical endorsed lifestyle products, of which the sub-brand Philips Avent. ISE M&CC is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. As LCM Development Lead, you are responsible for Maintaining and updating existing products in this product range.
The LCM mechanical team is responsible for creating, updating and maintaining the technical product documentation during the lifecycle phases of innovative products. We optimize and update existing product concepts within cross-functional teams including the marketing/sales and manufacturing organizations.
The Life Cycle Management team analyzes product issues in the market (root-cause analysis of both production problems and consumer complaints) and takes corrective actions if required, by defining and executing changes on existing products. We are responsible to make sure that any design change meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations, validation and verification.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.