Opportunities don't happen, you create them.
Over de functie
Within our team, we are looking for a junior scientist with an interest in thin film photovoltaics. You will be part of the thin film PV module and integrated products reliability team, studying the long term stability of solar cells and modules under all kind of climatic conditions. You will be responsible for the execution, management and presentation of reliability experiments and material characterization. We are looking for a candidate who likes to work together with partners within, but certainly also outside of TNO.
We’d like you to take responsibility and ownership over results and need you to push the boundaries of what is possible: if the existing approach is no longer sufficient, you will proactively take charge in order to maintain course.
We’re looking for individuals with a drive and natural desire to impact the world within their field. The role of Junior Scientist requires you to have a certain level of expertise and that you’re willing develop yourself towards a medior and ultimately a senior position. Your carreer will start in the Solliance/TNO department with strong emphasis on activities in the PV Module as well as the Integration Programs of Solliance.
To be successful in the role ideally we’d like you to have:
- A PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (or MSc with relevant work experience)
- Knowledge about and experience with photovoltaics and thin film characterization (X-Ray Diffraction, Scanning Electron Microscope, Raman, eluminescence, thermography, etc.) is preferred
- Ability and drive to translate scientific results towards value on product level
- Effort on cross-interface of analysis and integration activites; make analysis output of use by implementing those results in Integrated PV-Products
- Interest to learn of other fields of study
- Team player
- Hands-on mentality;
- A proactive and networking attitude
- Ability to manage and present your work
TNO offers you the chance to do groundbreaking work and help customers with innovative, practical and smart solutions. And all that with an attractive benefits package.
TNO connects people and knowledge to create innovations that boost the sustainable competitive strength of industry and well-being of society. This is our mission and it is what drives us, the 2,600 professionals at TNO, in our work every day.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rajeev Girjasing via telefoonnummer 06-22276866
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.