Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open - Thomas Dewar
Over de functie
We are looking for a Usability Engineer
Usability engineering tasks
• Create, manage, execute usability evaluation plans to be performed across design and development of our products. Such activities are defined in cooperation with stakeholders in the BUs and executed according to current standards on usability engineering to ensure compliance with European and American regulation (i.e. FDA).
• Conduct usability evaluations, expert reviews, heuristics evaluations using established usability practices and methods. Report results, draw conclusions and make recommendations for re-design and usability requirements.
• Academic background in interaction design or cognitive science with focus on Human-Computer Interaction and Usability
• More than 5 years progressive experience as usability engineer
• Proven knowledge of Human factors and interaction design principles
• Experience with usability methodologies, processes and standards, prototyping tools for creating mock-ups
• Knowledge of the healthcare domain.
• Knowledge and experience in applying user centered design and usability engineering to medical devices according to FDA regulation and standards (like IEC 62366-1):
• Experience in conducting heuristic evaluations and usability evaluations of medical devises.
• Understanding design of experiments, statistical analysis
• Experience in the creation of products from requirements analysis and specifications to validation
• Excellent analytical skills and ability of reporting and communicating results to design and development teams
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills to perform with multidisciplinary teams
• Understanding of Quality System Regulations (QSR).
• Understanding of Risk Management process
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Important to know is that we are looking for candidates who can work for short term assignments. The initial duration of this project is 3 months for 20 hours per week.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Bram Geerets via telefoonnummer 06-13888330
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.