We don’t care about what you did yesterday....
Over de functie
You are responsible for
• Investigating new concepts, design new solutions, and realize prototypes using the latest design techniques and process technologies to ultimately release a safe, and performing product to the market. Perform and investigate on technical issues, problem solving strategies, and engineering principles.
• Lead design engineer position on assignments within a project or being fully independent on executing the product development of a single man project
• Designing, analyzing, testing and releasing to the market of systems and sub-systems (from requirements definition to verified specification).
• Use of critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Determination of concept feasibility via sound engineering judgement & prototype evaluation
• Working closely with technical team (eg. System Architect and Technical Product Owner) to define recommendation system requirements.
• Prototype and test product concepts or technical solutions to identify the solution that offers the most value to the consumer and business. Identify the limits of the technical solutions and develop models to explain how the different inputs affect the outputs
• Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position. Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, new product development environment.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or Mechatronic Engineering
• A least 3-5 years of relevant engineering experience is required in a field associated to thermoplastic and / or elastomeric parts
• Track record of developing consumer related products from concept development to market launch with key involvement in the industrialization phase
• Demonstrated history of engineering design work, preferably in a medical device industry (FDA regulation). ISO13485 product development experience is a plus
• Integration of electrical components inside a mechanical embodiment (thermal management, EMC, wiring, PCB, display…). Knowledge on design of injection-molded & elastomeric parts (including simulation and prototyping knowledge)
• Hands-on with CAD (preferably Pro-Engineer), knowledge on FEA / CFD / injection molding simulation software packages, analytical tools (math lab, Mathcad…) is a plus
• Proof of statistical engineering experience and design for reliability. Capable to executive seamlessly tolerance calculations through multiple components
• In depth knowledge of manufacturing and assembling techniques for thermos-plastics, elastomers and rubbers.
• Capable to challenge tool makers, molders, assembly suppliers on their technical proposals
• Understanding of design for human factors and ergonomics
• Great communication and presentation skills. Fluent in English (writing and talking)
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
You are part of.
The location of the job is at Innovation Site Eindhoven, where innovative consumer products in the area of Mother & Child Care, Personal Health Solutions, Skincare and Intense Pulse Light (IPL) hair removal are developed. The innovation teams at this site covers the full life cycle of the products from pre-development, launch, design improvements down to phase out. The development engineer will be working in sub-business BreastFeeding, Mother& ChildCare.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.