Passion is the difference between having a job or having a career.
Over de functie
Our client based in Amsterdam has an opening for a key member of the management team of the Assembly Plant. The highly motivated and self-managed Warehouse & Shipping Manager will be responsible for the direct supervision of the Warehouse, Shipping and Traffic Control departments.
- Maintains high standards of service by ensuring consistent movement of parts, from picking in warehouse to delivery to assembly, to the packing and shipping of the finished product to customers;
- Manages day-to-day planning for warehouse and shipping departments in support of the Assembly Plant’s business plan goals;
- Assesses mid- and long term capacity relative to demand. Takes action and provides recommendations to ensure highest service levels;
- Manages costs including labor optimization and prevention of downtime and overtime;
- Measures and reports department results, including inventory accuracy, on-time shipments, and freight costs;
- Continuously seeks and implements productivity improvements and measures success with KPI’s;
- Oversees traffic function for timely movement of parts between NL, and US and to customers in Europe and Asia;
- Maintains and improves partnership with key global logistics partners;
- Leads special projects related to areas of expertise;
- Recruits and on-boards new employees in these departments;
- Develops every individual in the team to achieve his or her full potential. Provides ongoing feedback and coaching;
- Manages a High Performance Team. Encourages teamwork within and across departments for maximum productivity and customer value.
- Bachelor degree in Transport/Logistics or Supply Chain Management;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Warehousing/Logistics/Shipping environment
- Experience managing and developing people, including conducting performance reviews.
- Strong leadership skills with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent skills in English both speaking and writing, The Dutch language is an advantage;
- Record of accomplishment of delivering results in a dynamic work environment under the pressure of deadlines.
- Thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience working with third party logistic companies
- Knowledge of customs import and export, using C of O, tariffs, licensing, audits.
- Competent in using Incoterms for sea, air and land shipments.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS systems is an advantage
- Willing to travel occasionally to UK/USA
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits combined with career development opportunities in a great and growing international environment.
Our client is a global manufacturer of industrial solutions.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Baris Karabulut via telefoonnummer 06-83973418
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.