Opportunities don't happen, you create them.
Over de functie
As a researcher at TNO, you will be working in a strongly international setting, engaging with partners worldwide. Your homebase will be at High Tech Campus Eindhoven, the Netherland's most distinguished hotspot of innovation. One of these rapidly developing innovations being researched at TNO is the use of Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) fuel in batteries. We are looking for innovators who are passionate about researching the future of battery technology. You research will consist of the following activities:
- Development of thin-film deposition processes based on ALD to fabricate solid-state as well as composite battery prototypes in collaboration with academic and industrial partners
- Performing electrical, electrochemical, material characterization to assess performance of half- and full-cells
- Translating relevant research topics into experimental plans and their execution together with the team members
- Working within funded projects in both National and European contexts
- Generating results that are either patentable or publishable in internationally renowned journals
- Working in a multidisciplinary, multi-company team on a daily basis Reporting technical progress both in written and oral form on a regular basis
- Ph.D. degree in materials science, chemistry, electrochemistry, physics, engineering, or equivalent through years of experience
- 0-3 years of research experience with relevant scientific experience in ALD for devices (preferably for batteries)
- Proactive attitude and ability to work both independently and within a team
- Good communication skills in English
- Hands-on mentality, good organizational and communication skills
TNO offers you the chance to do groundbreaking work and help customers with innovative, practical and smart solutions. And all that with an attractive benefits package.
TNO connects people and knowledge to create innovations that boost the sustainable competitive strength of industry and well-being of society. This is our mission and it is what drives us, the 2,600 professionals at TNO, in our work every day.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rajeev Girjasing via telefoonnummer 06-22276866
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.