Good designers are praised for their technique, great designers for their impact.
Over de functie
The Mechanical Engineer at Philips Healthcare has the responsibility to create, implement and test the mechanics on module level, conform to the departmental and project procedures and processes (documentation, drawings, verification).
The Mechanical Engineer ensures that his deliverables are consistent with the higher level requirements & designs.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for planning and tracking of his deliverables and ensures risks are mitigated and communicated to stakeholders. Are you a talented Mechanical Designer with strong skills and experience as Mechanical designer. Do you have a proven track record in the development of sophisticated mechatronic systems? Do you like working with many different stakeholders on safety critical products for use within the healthcare domain? This is a unique opportunity to further grow your career within our IGT-systems business.
* Responsible for Requirements, Design, implementation, test and integration of his module in accordance with the Unit Requirement and - Design specifications.
* Ensures that his mechanical deliverables are reliable, efficient, easy to maintain, and user-friendly.
* Ensures that there is proper documentation for the developed mechanics.
* Performs work in line with the engineering processes that have been agreed in the department.
* Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on higher level designs.
* Maintains by solving problems and implementing changes.
* Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress.
* Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure/ the planning process of his/her area.
* Keeps abreast of technical developments in own field through study of literature and technical contacts.
You will be part of the Mechatronics Development Cluster in the R&D organization of the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems Business Unit within Philips Healthcare. This Business Unit is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-Ray systems for cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g., balloon angioplasty and stent procedures). Customers are interventional specialists, in the cardiology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe.
The R&D organization consists of 450 people, organized around the main functions of the systems that we develop: the image chain, the robotics, the applications and the service and workflow functionality. The Mechatronics Development Cluster is amongst others responsible for the accurate positioning of the patient and imaging equipment. The cluster takes responsibility for all aspects of development including Mechanics, Electronics and Software. We work closely together with several other disciplines within and outside our organization (procurement, operations, service, marketing, quality and regulatory) to ensure the best end to end results. As Mechanical Designer you will be part of the department responsible for User Interfaces, Monitor Ceiling Suspensions, Accessories, System cabling and cabinets.
• M.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and with relevant experience in mechanical design and development projects;
• Able to coach and transfer knowledge to others;
• Preferably with experience in the Healthcare domain;
• Strong communication skills (English and Dutch), a down-to-earth mentality, ability to lead technical teams and deal with a diverse stakeholder field;
• Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts/problems quickly, able to create and review technical documents and when needed applies hands on mentality;
• Accurate and quality minded;
• With a proven track record in supplier and stakeholder management.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.