Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Over de functie
In this role you have the opportunity to
strengthen the identity of Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven, the global heart of Philips’ innovation engine in Eindhoven, by implementing effective communications towards its staff, as well as driving the internal, regional, national and international reputation of the Center.
Philips in the Eindhoven region has combined its efforts in the establishment of one Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven in 2016, with the purpose to deliver a powerful contribution to the global Philips health tech strategy. It is home to over 7500 employees, spread over 3 locations. It includes the global headquarters of Philips Research, Philips Design, Philips Innovation Services and Philips Intellectual Property & Services, as well as our largest European manufacturing and development facility in health technology.
The objectives of the Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven are to:
- Unlock the full potential of the unique broad and deep capabilities available within Philips, with a focus on the Eindhoven area.
- Facilitate engagement with markets and stakeholders in all stages along the health continuum and co-create solutions with them
- Create an inspiring, open and flexible ecosystem with a highly educated and talented community that brings clinical innovation, digital capabilities and high tech systems together
In this role you will be responsible for supporting our growth agenda through compelling, engaging and timely communications towards the Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven’s employees. This includes the creation and day-to-day management of (internal) communications channels, including and not limited to the Intranet, newsletters, physical communications assets on-site and the Philips internal social platform. In close coordination with the Benelux external communications lead, you will also support driving the regional, national and international
reputation of the Center by creating relevant content.
Other responsibilities for the role will include:
- Create effective, high-quality and engaging content for our employees and other external stakeholders in all possible formats ranging from simple texts to video’s and large-scale events.
- Support communications of key Philips-wide initiatives towards Innovation Center staff
- Respond to and manage incoming media requests
- Making sure employees stay up-to-date on a variety of topics and helping them understand Philips’ journey in health technology and our brand positioning.
- Developing and implementing strategic internal communications plans, both in general as well as for specific projects and/or topics.
- Drive a lean way of working in the internal communications team. The team consists of many people working across locations and functions. This role will be pivotal in the alignment of the entire team and you will work on several locations in the Eindhoven area.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in (Corporate) Communications or similar
- Preferably more than 5 years' relevant experience in (internal and external) communications or a communications-related role in a complex organization, including experience of working with media
- Great creative communication (and especially copywriting) skills, you speak and write native in Dutch, fluent in English.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent project- and event management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with software applications including MS Outlook, MS Office required, as well as experience with content management systems and basic graphic design
- Flexibility to work on different locations in Eindhoven.
In return we offer you
A challenging and dynamic assignment in an organization that continuously strives to develop its talent. You will contribute to our mission to improve people’s lives around the globe with meaningful innovation. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
- Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven; locatie Eindhoven/HTC-VB en Best
- Preferable startdate January 1st, 2018
- Enddate January 1st, 2019
- Hours per week: fulltime fulltime (4 days negotiable)
You are part of
You will be part of the Philips Benelux Brand, Communications & Digital team. A high performing, dynamic and strong team of professionals, all with a great drive for results and an energetic, positive team spirit. The team is mainly located in Eindhoven. You will also work closely with the Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven governance team, as well as the other Philips Communications teams in the Eindhoven area.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Jesse Kuiper via telefoonnummer 06-13283947
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.