Passion is the difference between having a job or having a career.
Over de functie
To maintain a smooth delivery our client is looking for a Warehouse Manager in The International Distribution Centre in Rotterdam. In this role the Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing an efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of products. This includes managing people, processes and warehouse systems to ensure productivity targets are met. The Warehouse Manager is responsible for ensuring that workplace health and safety requirements are met, for the security of the building and stock, and that the warehouse is organized according to standards and local rules and regulations.
- Managing a team of 15 direct and 40 indirect reports, consisting out of warehouse employees as well as administrative staff;
- Ensure efficient utilization of warehouse space and equipment;
- Ensure accuracy in the processing of orders, and ensure that orders are completed and ready for dispatch within required lead-time;
- Stock control – Make sure the correct level of stock is maintained physically and system wise, including maintenance of shelf life products;
- Maintain relevant data in the ERP system;
- Perform stock counts according to agreed frequency;
- Cooperate with auditors during stock counts and yearly audits;
- Communicate with internal and external parties;
- Maintain supply chain procedures and guidelines;
- Manage recruitment and training of staff;
- Schedule and assign employees according to warehouse work load;
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork;
- Responsible for keeping operations in line with QHSSE practices as laid down by the company;
- Ensure compliance with relevant rules and regulations for local warehousing, material handling and delivery;
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors of equipment used in warehouse;
For this position our client is looking for an ambitious people manager, who is able to motivate teams. You have previous management experience in a similar position for at least 3 to 5 years, managing sizeable teams (minimum of 30 employees). You can demonstrate your strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities and know how to set the right actions to achieve the set KPI’s. Because of this you have the ability to innovate and simplify our current processes and practices. You’re able to improve the cooperation with linked departments because of your ability to communicate efficiently on all levels and take a firm stand in a discussion.
- Bachelor degree within Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or another field;
- Excellent communication in the Dutch and English language, written and spoken
- Experience with LEAN management and WMS (experience with implementation of a WMS is a plus);
- People Manager;
- Team building;
- Change management;
- Problem solving;
Conditions and offer
- Good and competitive salary and travel allowance;
- Full Time job of 40 hours a week
- One year contract followed up with an indefinite contract;
- Opportunities for training and development
- Pension scheme and various group insurances
International provider of products and services to the maritime industry
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Baris Karabulut via telefoonnummer 06-83973418
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.