Be the change you want to see in the world - M.K. Gandhi
Over de functie
As research assistant polymer processing, you are working on the processing of polymeric materials from basic raw material into a final product. Your focus program will be Lightweight Automotive, but you will also support plastic processing activities in the other programs. Within the Lightweight Automotive program, the focus will be on the processing and properties of thermoplastic composites. Injection molding and over-molding will be the dominant processing technologies, but also tape placement, 3D printing and extrusion will be used in the development of the program. You will be responsible for the successful application of these technologies in coming to innovative new material and processing solutions and understand the demonstrator parts you produce in their end application. These solutions are developed to meet the needs of the customers of Brightlands Materials Center, being the major players in the plastics value chain. You are part of the program team and co-responsible for the results of the team. As you work for a research and innovation center, your work will not be standard, but explorative, always looking for new solutions.
Typical work activities are:
• Injection molding and over-molding to come to plastic demonstrator parts
• Solving processing problems to come to high quality parts
• Proposing design and engineering solutions based on material processing
• Advice on mold design together with suppliers
• Testing and characterization of produced parts (mechanical, analytical)
• Reporting of research results in form of presentations or written project reports
• Proactively collaborating with other members of the project team to realize the targeted project results
You will be responsible for:
• Execution and quality of all plastic processing activities in BMC’s labs;
• Proposing alternative or new solutions to meet customer needs
• Communication with colleagues on scientific progress and project results;
• You have a background in mechanical engineering or applied materials science in the field of polymeric materials (plastics).
• You have a proven track record working for the plastics or plastic conversion industry with at least 5 years of industrial experience in the plastics industry.
• You combine an open and creative mind with good practical skills.
• You have curiosity in finding out how "things work" and you tend to often ask the question “Why?”.
• You are creative and you come pro-actively with new opportunities for finding solutions.
• You are a pragmatic person who likes to implement gained knowledge into real solutions.
• You are open to bring expertise in from different disciplines in order to solve problems.
• You are a strong team player and, but if needed you are also able to work on your own.
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Materials Science, or related field of study
• Strong track record (> 5 years) in the plastic processing industry
• Strong track record in high quality injection molding
• Background and experience in plastics part design and application development is an advantage
• Knowledge and experience with part testing and analytical characterization
• Good problem solving, communication and technical documentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work effectively as a member of an international team
• Experience with project management
• Highly motivated, self-initiating individual.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region. This region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, Océ, TNO and FEI company.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Thomas Slegers via telefoonnummer 06-10962879
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.