Be the change you want to see in the world - M.K. Gandhi
Over de functie
The Consumables & Processes departments are, as a part of the R&D organization, responsible for development of printing (imaging) processes and consumable materials (inks, toners, print heads) to be applied in innovative print systems.
Within this department a multi-disciplinary (members with background in physics, chemistry, mechanical and software engineering ) R&D team is focused on a next generation UV platform.
Within this team we are looking for an Applied Physicist who is flexible, pragmatic, able to work independently and a team player.
Activities are the investigation of print technologies, hardware validation, control architecture, exploration of media and application ranges. Therefore an all-round physicist at master degree will be a great asset. Tasks include experimental work to design, build and validate test setups as well as working with existing printers to validate print processes and define key operating parameters.
- Candidate has a MSc in physics (NO BSc!)
- 1-3 years of work experience in a project environment
- Optical experience as an experimental physicist in a project environment is a pre
- Knowledge of and experience with material science and chemistry is a pre
- Knowledge of and experience with MATLAB is required
- Preference for experimental work
- Preparedness for doing research with provisional set-ups that can require frequent modifications for getting to results
- Critical mind, willing to get to basic understanding of processes and key parameters in processes. At the same time ability to get to conclusions at a stage that the knowledge gained is still limited
- To be successful the candidate is result oriented, a team player and able to work independently
- Candidate has profound knowledge; - verbal and written of English. Knowledge of Dutch is advantageous.
- Candidate is permissioned to work in the Netherlands, and able to provide, if requested, a certificate of conduct.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region. This region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO and FEI company.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Thomas Slegers via telefoonnummer 06-10962879
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.