You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Over de functie
We are looking for an Electrical System Engineer, specialized in photovoltaic (PV) systems. Being part of a multidisciplinary engineering team you will make design choices and will be responsible for the solar array of the car. As a PV System Engineer, you will design the PV system for the Lightyear One, in close collaboration with their industry partners.
At Lightyear, we only engineer the most interesting parts ourselves, which means that you will always be working on challenging, revolutionary, high tech systems. The PV system that Lightyear uses is a combination of the solar panels and their proprietary Distributed Maximum Power Point Tracking system.
- System engineering of the PV system -including mechanical challenges- to create an efficient, double curved solar panel
- Engineering of the lamination process, selection of the materials and the integration with the roof of the car
- Tackling these challenges in close collaboration with the industry partners
- Being responsible for the specifications on system level and the integration with the rest of the car
- Getting your hands dirty during prototyping
- System level optimization / simulation to determine the optimum configuration of the panels and DMPPT system, together with the DMPPT engineering team
- A Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Extensive experience with Matlab and preferably Simulink
- Experience and understanding of solar cells and laminates
- Knowledge of or local network in Solar Cell (manufacturing) technology
- Availability for 40 hours a week.
- Fluent in English, Dutch proficiency is a plus
- Ability to think and work independently
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- The ability to challenge the status quo and have a positive impact on a fast changing world
- Due to the startup nature of Lightyear, current salaries are below average but will grow towards fair market value in the future
Lightyear is on a unique mission: to create and build a car that charges itself by solar power! Started as a University Racing team and now a fast growing Start-Up, Lightyear is looking for new employees to help create the dream.
If you want to be part of this amazing company, reply and motivate yourself. Maybe you will join them soon.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Twan Mertens via telefoonnummer 06-57897304
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.