You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Over de functie
The Vehicle Packaging/Integration Engineer works together with all in- and external teams such as design, chassis & body, vehicle dynamics and interior to create vehicle level packaging solutions. You will perform vehicle level packaging integrations such as general arrangement, master sections check, dimensional optimisations of vehicle sub systems, and engineering sections to ensure integration of all modules. You will perform appropriate component and vehicle compartment level studies/alternatives together with responsible vehicle architects. Additionally, the Vehicle Packaging/Integration Engineer maintains the overall CAD assembly, managing allocated space for modules and assemblies.
- Support homologation, manufacturing and car development.
- Develop, maintain and guard the CAD assembly of vehicle.
- Lead discussions on integration based on CAD data.
- A Bachelor or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar (i.e. Automotive Engineering).
- Experience in vehicle level packaging within the automotive industry or equivalent.
- Knowledge of occupant compartment and body development from the initial stage of architectural development through to final design concept.
- Functional knowledge of vehicle level packaging requirements, including typical engineering sections, vehicle dynamics, safety requirements, packaging engineering requirements and regulations.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- At least 3 years working experience with 3D CAD software, Catia V6 is a plus
- Availability for 40 hours a week.
- Fluent in English, Dutch proficiency is a plus
- Ability to think and work independently
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- The ability to challenge the status quo and have a positive impact on a fast changing world
- Due to the startup nature of Lightyear, current salaries are below average but will grow towards fair market value in the future
Lightyear is on a unique mission: to create and build a car that charges itself by solar power! Started as a University Racing team and now a fast growing Start-Up, Lightyear is looking for new employees to help create the dream.
If you want to be part of this amazing company, reply and motivate yourself. Maybe you will join them soon.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Twan Mertens via telefoonnummer 06-57897304
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.