The only way to do great work is to love what you do!
Over de functie
The Category Buyer is part of the Raw Material Sourcing team and reports to the Category Sourcing Director. Responsibility will stretch over all of the operating Countries (based in Europe). The primary function of this role is to develop and implement a coherent sourcing strategy across the group leveraging scale and supplier relationships while ensuring operational performance and cost competitiveness through the day to day procurement activities.
In cooperation with the relevant stakeholders you will understand the strategic direction of the company and develop and implement adequate procurement solutions that enable them to be long term competitive in the market place.
Operationally you will secure competitive raw material sourcing in line with business needs and volume requirements short, mid and long term taking into account market developments while abiding to the purchasing risk management policy. You will work with supply chain partners and internal stakeholders to guarantee best in class supply chain performance at the lowest total cost of ownership.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Set the sourcing strategy to ensure short, mid and long term competitiveness;
- Develop a holistic supplier relationship management plan, drive supplier performance improvement and evolve the supplier base;
- Competitively source raw materials within your portfolio based on your market analysis and company's needs;
- Guarantee operational performance by being a pro-active business partner to the operation & production community;
- Actively seek and deliver cost and process improvement projects.
- University degree (bachelor or master degree);
- 3 to 6 years of relevant work experience preferably in Procurement, Supply Chain or R&D functions;
- Experience in the feed sector & raw material market are a plus (not essential);
- High literacy in MS Excel and MS Office package, SAP knowledge is desirable;
- Strong communication skills in English (must), Dutch/ German are desirable;
- Ability to influence stakeholders & senior management;
- Ability to develop and implement process improvements throughout the organisation;
- Strategic thinker and relationship builder with a proven track record of change management.
Excellent salary package combined with an exciting and challenging opportunity.
The company is known by Yacht.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Nanda Wiegers via telefoonnummer 06-51264907
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.