Philips: Innovation and you!
Over de functie
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the mechanical product design portioned coffeemakers. Your challenge is to implement new concepts and functions into products that will deliver added value for consumers looking for their precious moment of delight. You will supervise a multidisciplinary team (consisting of function development engineers, product research specialists and mechanical engineers) and you will be the technical counterpart for commercial managers and designers to realize the most attractive appliances.
You are responsible for
• Leading, coaching and stimulating the multi-disciplinary team of product engineers and developers within product development projects;
• Releasing products, components, modules and products for mass production;
• Planning, realizing and steering the mechanical product development and manage the cross functional aspects as a technical project leader;
• Identifying gaps and implementing improvements to bring the development approaches to a higher level.
You are a part of
a Mechanical Development team of Business Group Coffee working on product development of coffee appliances from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
You will be based in Drachten, the Netherlands. Our site in Drachten started in 1950 as a small factory and is nowadays one of the largest innovation and production sites of Philips Consumer Lifestyle. Approximately 2000 employees of more than 35 nationalities are continuously working on new, innovative products and further improvement of our processes. This site has a surface area of 280,000 square meters. Our goal is being the best place to work for people who share our passion. You will become part of the Coffee team that consists of 55 enthusiastic innovation specialists.
• You have a Master or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
• You have minimum 5 years of experience in the field of mechanical product development;
• You have experience in managing (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer;
• You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD. You have knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms;
• You show drive and are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus;
• The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
• Determination in decision making and independence;
• You are ambitious, a team player and you have good coordination, communication and coaching skills.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Research & Development departments. We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: Philips Consumer Lifestyle, Siemens, Gasunie, Scania, SMST and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.