Even for the very best there is a challenge!
Over de functie
This company in Beauty Care Products is in the middle of setting up a Finance Shared Service Center (SSC) for the EMEA region. To further support the set-up and the continuous success of the FSSC in the Netherlands, we are looking for a General Ledger Accountant
As General Ledger Accountant you will be responsible for creating journal entries and gathering supporting documentation, analysing variances on month to month basis, coordinating and be part of the month end close process and creating financial statements. You will work closely with the Snr Manager –GL EMEA to identify areas of improvement and assist in establishing new processes and procedures where needed.
· Responsible for all month end activities and month end journal entries for assigned
entities maintained by the SSC;
· Maintains a month end checklist and accurately records monthly accruals and
· Assists in consolidation actuals in the corporate books;
· Assists with the chart of accounts maintenance; change/delete/add accounts in SAP;
· Assists in calculating allocation of group costs and generates appropriate journals
and invoices to ensure allocations to the correct cost centers take place;
· Ensures consistency and completeness of data transfers between sub-ledgers and
· Reviews inter-company accounts, involving communication with other business
· Supports GL team when assigned by his/her manager;
· Ensures that all GL accounts are reconciled in a timely manner;
· Manages fixed assets master data; new assets creation, disposals, depreciation,
reconciliation of fixed assets to the general ledger, etc;
· Enhances existing processes and helps his/her manager to develop continuous
improvement initiatives to ensure the most efficient completion of duties.
· Higher professional education/HBO or Bachelor/Master in economics / finance and
· Fluent in English and minimally one another EU language (preferably French, Italian,
Spanish, Swedish, Dutch);
· 3+ years of professional experience in SSC GL Functions;
· ERP system experience (preferably SAP);
· Advanced Excel;
· Ability to work well independently under supervision;
· Ability to use opportunities to proactively simplify and suggest improvements to
· Ability to influence peers and other business colleagues in complying with existing
control systems and implementing new processes;
· Ability to have a good business understanding;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Strong Team player.
· Working in an international environment;
· Informal and open atmosphere;
· Possibilities for growth;
· Fulltime job;
· Good salary, matching background and work experience.
This company leads the beauty industry with distinctive brands and a history of innovation, along with their Japanese heritage. They understand that their people are one of their core assets, and they strive for a working environment which allows their team members to flourish and grow. They encourage and recognize what's powerful and unique in their employees, so they can reach their full potential and help to deliver the quality products that help people thrive throughout the world.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Ingeborg Burggraaf via telefoonnummer 06-29469918
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.