We don’t care about what you did yesterday....
Over de functie
Software Test Engineer (HANDS-ON)
Function characteristic: The test engineer prepares and executes component level and system level tests, for both functional as well as non-functional aspects (including analysis and submission of found problems). The functional scope is in the area of connectivity aspects (BLE and Wi-Fi) for both Android and iOS mobile applications.
Preparation of tests includes both preparation and documentation of manual test cases as well as creation and documentation of automated test cases.
Execution of test cases includes both execution of manual and automated tests cases plus documentation of the results in (formal) verification documentation. Also submissions of defects found plus verification of resolved defects is part of the activities.
Key areas of responsibility
• Define and document test cases and create automated test cases (SeeTest tooling)
• Integrate software / build up the necessary HW systems. (Mobile apps, routers, connected products)
• Execute tests, with the intention of finding defects as early in the lifecycle as possible
• Write test reports for each of the tests executed
• File defects for detected non-conformities with all required information
• Act in line with departmental and project processes
Main experience required
• The Tester/Integrator should have at least a basic computer science education and should have followed additional training on Test Engineering to acquire the necessary skills.
Necessary know how / skills / experience
• Quality mindset
• Working in teams
• Reviewing and testing techniques
• Configuration management knowledge
• Basic SW engineering skills and experience with scripting
• Knowledge and experience with SeeTest tooling is a pre
• Knowledge on the development and target environments used (iOS and/or Android) is a pre
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Alexander Crepin via telefoonnummer 06-83890747
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.