Choose a job you love, and you will never have a work day in your life – Confucius
Over de functie
Are you eager to further develop your tribology expertise and help in expanding ASML expertise in this field? Do you want to be part of the state-of-the-art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work in close cooperation with technical cutting-edge project? Then this is an exciting opportunity for you.Job Mission
Within ASML, the department Mechanical Architecture is designing,
building and analyzing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. The
group Mechanical Analysis is responsible for precision engineering of critical modules and for general
mechanical analysis and tribology.
In the position of Senior Tribology Specialist, your mission consists of:
- Active involvement in projects, identifying solutions to a variety of issues in the field of tribology and
- Supporting and expanding ASML's tribology competence and early identification of future needs.
You will actively help the projects with their challenges in the field of tribology and with expanding
ASML's tribology competence as a whole.
Your main responsibilities can include:
• Performing investigations for the project in the field of tribology (testing, calculations,
• Creation and validation of new concepts to solve mechanical contact problems.
• Advice design engineers on materials for current and future needs.
• Collaborate with universities/ knowledge institutes and other high-tech companies
Technical University, Master’s or PhD with specialization in material technology and tribology.
Or background in mechanical and with strong affinity towards tribology.
Solid theoretical and experimental experience in the field of mechanical engineering in general
and Tribology and Coatings in particular.
Preferably also knowledge or working experience in field of:
• Surface wear mechanisms
• Friction phenomena in mechanical systems
• MATLAB knowledge
• Finite element method (FEM)
• Precision- / nano engineering
• Design of bearings & bolts
• Failure modes & analysis
• Affinity with exploring and solving technical challenges.
• Creative in defining and executing tests. Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic, pro-active attitude.
• Good communication skills.
• Proficient in the English language (both in speaking and writing).
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Anastasia Sazonova via telefoonnummer 06-13171532
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.