Philips Innovation and You!
Over de functie
In this role, you have the opportunity to work on product development for Floor Care. Within Floor Care you will translate complex technical issues into uncomplicated consumer products and will work on product development from concept to detailed design in a multidisciplinary team. For some projects you will be the technical counterpart of our internal consumer marketing managers, our industrial designers, our manufacturing engineers (industrialization groups) and our suppliers in Eastern Europe or in the Far East.
You are responsible for
• Working in multi-disciplinary team within the projects;
• Releasing components, modules and products for mass production;
• Planning and realizing your parts of the project;
• Identifying gaps and implementing improvements to bring the development approaches to a higher level; Designing 2D and 3D models of the products
• Supporting suppliers in the production of components and assembly of the final product;
• Stakeholder management both internal and external on a global scale
• Researching new to use materials and (production) processes that could play a role in the development of our products; plastics and molds are key in this;
• Researching production methods and cost prices of components.
You are a part of
the Floor Care Mechanical Product Development and Life Cycle Support team that consists of 14 enthusiastic engineers within a total Innovation & Development team of +/- 60 people. The projects are demanding for great results; Floor Care is open for positive feedback and celebrating when making success. You will report to your group leader of the mechanical development team.
• You have a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
• You have minimum 6 years of experience in the field of mechanical engineering in (consumer) product development;
• You are a skilled CAD construction engineer. You have knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastics, you can perform thorough tolerance analysis and you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mold/tooling design) and analysis (strength, stiffness);
• You show drive and are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma, Unigraphics and ANSYS experience are a plus;
• The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
• Determination in decision making and independence;
• You are an ambitious, a team player and you have good coordination and communication skills
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Royal Philips of the Netherlands is a diversified technology company focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.