Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort
Over de functie
In this role as Software Engineer you will be challenged to strengthen the software engineering teams with brain- and man- power to ensure timely releasing of high quality products, systems and services to ensure the continued growth in an agile environment.
Philips Digital Pathology Solutions aims at digitizing the pathology workflow. One of the components in this work flow is the digitization of the images used in pathology. Philips Digital Pathology is developing a next generation digital microscope for that purpose. The role that is offered is part of the project that is designing this digital microscope. The microscope is built on a Linux platform with various technologies, like Java, C++ and HTML5
As a software engineer, your main responsibilities are the design, implementation and documentation of software modules in Java and C++ as well as software deployment on the target operating system. The modules span the range of image processing algorithms, user interface components, state machines, control software.
The Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) venture started in 2007. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for total Digital Pathology Solutions encompassing an UltraFast scanner for digitization of microscope tissue slides and a Pathology Image Management System. The venture aims at leveraging multiple Philips assets and capabilities (brand, market channel, technology) for establishing the total solution and being the 1st to market to establish a dominant market position. The market launch of the first solutions was in 2011. The venture has an installed based in US, Europe and Asia and keeps expanding. Our mission: In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
Philips Digital Pathology
Within this role you will be:
• Responsible for the design of software on component or module level; understand and communicate consequences of your design on the architecture;
• Design software, on the basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications;
• Finalize the design specifications, code and test the designed modules or components, so that the software in question will be reliable, efficient, easy to maintain, and user-friendly;
• Perform work in line with the product development resp. software engineering processes that have been agreed in the department;
We are looking for
The successful candidate has/is:
• Higher vocational level (HBO) or university education in Software Development;
• +/- 1-5 years of experience as software developer / architect for embedded product application development; ;
• Preferably affinity and experience with working with hardware and working in Agile development techniques;
• Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English and preferably Dutch language;
• Preferably affinity and experience with working in large cross functional teams.
• comfortable with agile environment
• Relevant experience / competencies:
o Java (including REST),
o Development on Linux,
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a premium contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments.
We're looking for candidates to commit their selves for a at least a couple of years with the intention to be converted to our customers payroll.
When applying, also add a motivation stating why you're the right candidate for this position.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Theo Reijnen via telefoonnummer +31610762567
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.