Are you a creative engineer who is passionate about technique and product design? Please contact me!
Over de functie
Assignment(s) / Nature of the Job
For our Mechanical Development & Integration (MDI) Department at Philips in Drachten we are looking for a Concept Developer who will work on product development from concept to proven function in a multidisciplinary team.
As a Concept Developer you translate complex technical challenges into uncomplicated consumer products. You work on product development from concept to a proven function in a multidisciplinary team. In most of our projects you will be the technical counterpart of our internal consumer marketing managers, our industrial designers and research centers.
As a Concept Developer in Mechanical Development Team of Grooming you will be responsible for:
- Translate Customer Needs to Technical Requirements
- Translate requirements towards new principles
- Integrate principal into one or more design embodiments
- Proof the function of new concepts/modules before implementation in product realization projects; calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, proto’s + testing
- Structural approach in concept choices
- Planning and realizing your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts
- Re-use of existing knowledge (known concepts)
- Document your choices and gained knowledge in knowledge documents
You will be part of the Mechanical Development and Integration department in Innovation team Male Grooming that consists of 50+ enthusiastic technical specialists within a total Male Grooming team of 300+ people. The projects are demanding for great results. You will report to one of the 3 group leaders of the MDI department.
- You have an education on Bachelor (HBO) level in Mechanical Engineering (Wtb) / Industrial Product Design (IPO) with minimal 5 years of experience as a mechanical engineer in designing mass produced Consumer ProductsYou have an education on Master (WO) level in Mechanical Engineering (Wtb) / Industrial Product Design (IPO) with minimal 2 years of experience as a mechanical engineer in designing mass produced Consumer Products You are familiar with design and manufacturing of mechanical constructions in plastic and metal; experience with high precision metal constructions and drive mechanisms is a plus
- Specific Experience: competence area eg. watertight sealings and IP standards
- You are creative and and have practical skills to explore new ideas and make them tangible
- You are able to think on conceptual level but are also hands-on.
- You have the ability to proof construction concepts by calculation, simulation and/or prototypes
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques. You have knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and/or metal and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms;
- You have ability to use CAD NX or similar CAD package
- You have experience in working in (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer;
- You show drive and are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus;
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- Determination in decision making and independence;
- You are ambitious, a team player and you have good coordination, communication skills (in writing and presentation)
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.