Choose a job you love, and you will never have a work day in your life – Confucius
Over de functie
What are you going to do as System Architect?
As System Architect, you are part of the Design and Engineering group within Neways Technologies. Together with an ever-changing project team, we offer our customers appropriate electronic solutions. From your role, you are the technical conscience in a project and manage the multidisciplinary project team to translate the requirements of the customer into a working product.
In your function, you fulfill an intermediary role between the customer and the department. By asking the right questions, you know how to properly define the exact customer demand. Frequent customer contact is a must in all parts of the projects. Correct and efficient communication is therefore one of your biggest challenges both internally and externally.
Your other tasks include:
- Setting up specifications with the customer;
- Performing or supervising feasibility studies;
- Providing a suitable proposal to the customer;
- Identifying and creating product (production) improvement proposals;
- Setting up, monitoring and, where possible, optimizing the cost price;
- Providing support for drawing up plans and activities in accordance with this;
- Supporting your commercial colleagues on a technical level;
- Providing business presentations to (potential) customers;
- Attending relevant trade fairs and seminars for maintaining and expanding the customer portfolio;
- Knowing about and keeping up with available (development) technology
- Work can be done at both Neways and clients' locations.
The requirements and competencies
First of all, you are communicative and have good social skills. You know how to maintain good contacts with your colleagues, suppliers and customers and know what is going on with the various parties. To make matters clear, you are able to listen carefully and ask the right questions so you have the right information. You have a wide interest in the technology of both electronic hardware, as well as embedded software, electromechanics and mechanics. It is therefore self-evident to you that you stay up-to-date on the developments in your field. You have a positive attitude and a solid, confident personality. You are easy going and have great presentation skills.
- Bachelor/Master education in the field of electronics or similar;
- 5 to 10 years work experience in a relevant function, such as electronics designer or engineer;
- Management experience is a plus;
- Experience with CE, EMC Directive and UL standards;
- Experience with quality techniques such as FMEA, MTBF;
- Knowledge of development tools (e.g. Spice, Matlab, Altium, DXdesigner);
- Knowledge of components and PCBA production techniques;
- Good communication and written skills in English are a requirement; Dutch is an advantage.
In the role of system architect, we offer you a challenging job in a dynamic and very healthy production environment. You get the chance to make a significant contribution to the development and profitability of Neways. We offer you a full-time position within a very passionate and collegial working environment with a lot of freedom for initiatives and space for personal development. In addition, we offer you a one year contract with the potential for permanent employment. In addition to a competitive salary you can think of secondary benefits such as:
- 27 vacation days;
- 13 leave days;
- 8% holiday pay;
- flexible working hours;learning opportunities;
- pension plan;
- travel allowance;
- phone and laptop.
After a thorough onboarding program and great guidance, you get the space to fulfill your role independently. In the long term, depending on your ambitions, there are sufficient growth opportunities.
Neways Electronics International is a decentralized and capable organization, consisting of a holding company with sixteen operating companies in the Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia and China. We not only consider our services to customers to be important, but also creating a fun work environment for our over 2800 colleagues worldwide.Creativity and job satisfaction are paramount and we attach great importance to personal relationships with customers. We believe that real attention for people leads to better service and a further increase in the quality of our products: products that make our lives more enjoyable. Our core values are: proactive, customer-focused, teamwork, flexible and creative, partnership, appointment is appointment and drive.
Neways Technologies - founded in 1985, consists of several development teams of a total of over 220 developers, which do their work at different locations at the different operating companies in Son, Enschede, Echt and Erfurt (Germany). Neways Technologies offers a combination of services for the total product lifecycle of high-quality industrial electronics applications. These services vary from co-development to sustaining services.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Anastasia Sazonova via telefoonnummer 06-13171532
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.