It's a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together!
Over de functie
• Responsible for arranging multi product land & water transport, in order to fulfil the business requirements against agreed service levels.
• Responsible for efficient, low cost and safe transport planning, to guarantee timely product availability, transport capacity and (un)loading capacity (e.g. debagging, jetty planning, loading monitor).
• Responsible for pro actively identifying bottlenecks and crisis management of loading and transport restrictions (e.g. low water, strike, train blockades).
• To ensure uninterrupted order flow in OTC, PTP, planning, logistic execution, by pro actively managing transport capacity, delivery priority and planning.
• Safeguards the logistical safety policies at SABIC and third parties, including the handling of dangerous goods (e.g. FCA, rail and vetting policy).
• Analyze order interruptions related to OTC, PTP and sales offices. Proactively identify bottlenecks and initiate improvement actions (e.g. port & transport restrictions , uninterrupted KPI) .
• Manage the complaint and claim process, including the issuing of claims to the Insurance Company and holding parties liable. Initiating damage control and corrective measures (e.g. dedicated equipment, demurrage reclaim, return shipment)
• Financial damage control to minimize interruptions for SABIC and its customers (e.g. aging stock, demurrage claims for barges and vessels).
• Pro actively identify and implement cost saving opportunities, e.g. by combining parcels or reducing demurrage.
• Contributes to projects in OTC context.
• Execute SAP key user tasks (e.g. master data maintenance, testing new functionality).
• Back up CS Officer / Coordinator (if required).
Problem solving complexity
• Manage OTC process cross SBU (e.g. Polymers / SIP, Chemicals / Performance Chemicals, commodity / specialty).
• Multiple BUs with specific procedures, policies, customer base, market dynamics (cost vs. service oriented), products, production lines, production schedules (cycles), broad/narrow and special requirements.
• Multiple site logistics and decentralized supply points, transport modalities, customer segments, service level differentiations, priority setting and sales offices.
• Manage optimal supply patterns to customers, fulfilling their service levels by using the advantages of the different modalities and supply points (hub/site/terminal network).
• Ability to deal with balance between supportive/steering activities and challenger role with regard to transport planning requirements.
• Maintain a good balance between the interest of several stakeholders (e.g. broker, customer, forwarding agent, third party).
• High financial risks associated with inefficient use of transport capacity (e.g. for very large carriers demurrage is 40.000 $/day).
• High safety risks associated with barge, rail and sea vessel transport (e.g. grounding of vessels, rail incidents, spillage in open water).
• Availability outside office hours and holidays to solve urgent transport issues.
• Multicultural and multilingual environment.
• Around 3- 5 years experience in logistic and commercial positions.
• Worked as CS Officer (or an equivalent position) for several years.
• Well known with transport regulations and safety policies.
• Operational knowledge on accounting, businesses processes, fiscal, legal, logistic processes, SAP SABIC Europe and related IT systems and OTC/PTP requirements in an international context.
• Broad knowledge of OTC SAP processes.
Education & Training
• Higher Professional Education (HBO), preferably in logistics or business administration.
• Good communicative and analytical skills.
• High stress tolerance.
Contract via Yacht
SABIC Petrochemicals B.V.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Angelique Nijssen via telefoonnummer 06-83213778
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.