Be the change you want to see in the world - M.K. Gandhi
Over de functie
Context of the role
Part of our Research & Development organization, the Consumables & Processes department assures the development of competitive products by realizing the involved print (imaging) processes with the right print quality, reliability, time to market and cost structure. C&P is also responsible for development and engineering of strategic consumables (e.g. ink) and modules, essential elements in our printing process. This includes design and realization of the process technology.
Within this department we are looking for an Ink Researcher with a hands-on working attitude in combination with analytical mind-set.
For a new ink development, the robustness of the design of ink needs to be explored and subsequently validated. For this, physical parameters of (model) inks need to be measured and mapped onto functional behavior in printer and print head. The focus is not set on developing a new ink, but on a stable way of ink jetting. Testing or detecting for example failures in recipe or structure and functional behavior have to be translated into ink demands in the printer and print head itself. The ink quality has to be brought to such a level that it can be used in the regular ink production process.
- Evaluation of measurement methods used in relation to observed properties
- Printer test on complex (development) test engine
- Sample preparation and determination of physical properties- Designing and evaluating new measurement methods
- Setting up a test plan
- Design/evaluate new measurement methods
- Cooperating with other functions (for example process engineering) in the printer development
Together with a multi-disciplinary team (about 10 people) and the process group; the main challenge will be to translate the requested functionality into measurable ink properties. The unique part of this assignment is to simultaneously develop measurement methods as well as making a conceptualizing the functionality of the printer.
Who are we looking for?
- Master degree in Chemistry or Physics
- Work experience in (fine) chemical, pharmaceutical or food industry is preferred
- Analytical background, knowledge of and experience with quality assurance processes is preferred
- Experience in planning, defining and perform test on his or her own
- Analytical mindset, very accurate and hands on
- Profound knowledge - verbal and written - of English. Knowledge of Dutch is advantageous
- Candidate is permissioned to work in the Netherlands, and able to provide, if requested, a certificate of conduct
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region. This region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO and FEI company.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Thomas Slegers via telefoonnummer 06-10962879
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.