Be the change you want to see in the world - M.K. Gandhi
Over de functie
What will you be doing?
- You participate actively in technical projects, with main focus on real-time implementation and validation of advanced control algorithms, using rapid control prototyping tools.
- You follow a well-known software development process (such as the V-model), defining and documenting the software architecture, the detailed design and the implementation.
- You develop test cases at software module level and software integration level, you perform software tests and prepare software test reports during the verification and validation of the software.
- You present the technical results at national and international events and publish the research results in peer reviewed journals.
- You follow the recent trends and developments in this field and can help translate client needs into working systems and solutions.
- Within our multi-disciplinary international team you will have an integrator role, where we prefer industrial experience. By focusing on innovative solutions you will play a key role in strengthening and further building on our position in the automotive industry, to extend the TNO portfolio further.
What do we require of you?
Based on your education and professional experience you will recognize the increasing trend of powertrains to make higher degrees of use of external information sources. You have a good understanding of recent trends and developments, be aware of activities of OEMs and Tiers in this area, both at market and research level.
You have a Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field in electrical engineering or automotive engineering, supplemented with a preference of three years of relevant professional experience.
You have technical knowledge in the field of control systems, especially in real-time implementation of control algorithms, using Matlab/Simulink. You are familiar with real-time signal processing and rapid control prototyping tools, supplied by dSPACE and/or National Instruments, etc.
Specifically, you have detailed knowledge on practices for powertrain control including prediction elements. You are experienced in direct interactions with (international) customers and can help translate their needs into services and solutions. You are an effective team player and enjoy achieving results in teams of varying composition. Moreover, enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and practical pragmatism. The job will require some international projects and hence you should be willing to occasionally travel to international customers.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
What can you expect of your work situation?
The research group Powertrains is one of the leading players on emission management technology and has a longstanding track record in the automotive industry. We have developed our own extensive modelling and simulation tools to simulate both conventional (diesel) and hybrid electric power trains and aftertreatment systems.
The group has its own state-of-the-art testing facilities, where we can measure complete engine after-treatment systems for real world emissions and fuel efficiency. We can perform measurements on an entire vehicle (up to truck size) in our unique altitude climate chamber, and perform on-road measurements..
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Thomas Slegers via telefoonnummer 06-10962879
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.