Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open - Thomas Dewar
Over de functie
Do you want to work on the next generation breast feeding solutions for Philips AVENT? As a Product Researcher, you represent the voice of the consumer throughout the product development process, to ensure that Philips innovations make a meaningful difference to consumers’ lives. Based on deep scientific and consumer insights, you translate consumer needs into innovations that promote the health and well-being of consumers, working closely together with Marketing and Development.
- The Product Researcher works in innovation projects, in your specific case, in the area of Mother & Child Care, and more specifically, Breast feeding solutions.
- You work as a business partner to scope the project definition and objective particularly concerning Insights, Benefits, Reasons-to-Believe and Claims Areas.
- You collaborate with Marketing, Design and Market Intelligence to translate the general needs of market segments into actionable insights. You lead the search for and validation of consumer insights in the area of breast feeding - using all appropriate (desk, qualitative, quantitative) research methods. For these insights, you collaborate with the project team to identify and validate the detailed consumer needs and drivers for satisfaction.
- You contribute to the definition of product options based on in-depth understanding of these consumer needs. You translate sharply defined needs into clear user requirements and technical deliverables - going beyond reliance on pure data and information toward a pragmatic / sensing approach in expressing consumer needs.
- You design and execute early user experience tests, using a range of tools and methods to prototype the user experience, to ensure that design decisions are underpinned with proper data.
- You validate whether the solution/service meets user requirements, and you prove this following the relevant regulatory requirements.
We are looking for:
- Master degree (in Biomedical Engineering, Industrial Design Engineering or other engineering discipline) AND relevant experience in Consumer Product Research and / or Marketing
- At least 7 years of experience in Consumer Product / User Experience Research in a global and multi-disciplinary setting.
- Ample experience across the innovation funnel, from Value Proposition Creation to Technology Scoping to Product Realization.
- You have applied a range of consumer and product research methods, tools and processes and know the ins and outs of each.
- Experience with medical device development is a strong bonus.
- Passionate and driven to fully serve the customer and always outperform competition. Always looking for perfection.
- Passionate about creating innovations and services that truly address customer needs and delight our consumers.
- Conceptual, data/details driven, analytically strong and at the same time pragmatic and hands-on.
- A strong team player. You are an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes.
- Courageous and smart thinker, able to continuously challenge the status quo.
Our offer: This concerns a maternity leave replacement from 10 July till approximately End of December 2017.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Philips Personal Health is one of three market-driven sectors within Royal Philips Electronics, delivering lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is Innovation & You. We aim to develop innovations that make a meaningful difference to people’s lives. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people’s needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
Innovation Site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) of Personal Health. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically lifestyle products in the areas of Mother & Child Care, Beauty and Personal Health Solutions. The Site is responsible for the development and realization of new product and service propositions. Innovation Site Eindhoven is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring more new ideas, and increasingly digital innovations and services, to the global market. At Innovation Site Eindhoven, improving well-being is our passion, creating awesome consumer and customer experiences through real-life solutions. We are an honest and inspirational team, daring to be different.
A key department in this site is Product Research and Consumer Care. This function represents the Voice of the Consumer in our Innovation & Development activities. It drives the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight customers better than competition and live up to Philips’ brand promise of Innovation & You. The influence of the department spans from insight generation, value proposition creation, solution development to market launch and forms a main link between I&D and the business. You will work in a team of Product Researchers and Consumer Care experts.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Bram Geerets via telefoonnummer 06-13888330
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.