Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Over de functie
- Directs and guides the activities of programs consisting of multiple and related projects executed by performing organizations and/or staff, ensuring execution is in line with the business strategy. Manages people who lead and direct project teams. Develops and executes program plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables. Is responsible for ensuring compliance with the relevant internal/ external policies, procedures and standards
- Supervises, resources, selects, develops, coaches and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Sets targets for and tracks performance indicators on programs.
- Has responsibility and authority to contribute to the financial results for the business.
- Builds and maintains the program organization, chooses the ways of working, and defines the interfaces with other functions
- Defines the portfolio of programs and projects and their goals, in consultation with management and relevant stakeholders, as input to the performing organization to manage the project pipeline, estimates the budgets and risks and appoints the Program/Project Managers in agreement with general or business management
- Keeps up-to-date with the evolving business and application domain in order to optimize the goals of each program and maximize the synergy
- Deploys Process Improvement and Quality Assurance and makes the program organization efficient and transparent, in line with business and program processes
- Ensures cross-pollination, maintains a historical database for estimates of future programs, manages lessons learned, incorporates continuous improvement, facilitates harmonization across functions and departments
- Provides business management with regular program performance status, variances to plan and identification of corrective actions, reports on performance to the hierarchical superior of the project managers for the purpose of appraisal and conducts evaluation at the end of the program
Active support when it comes to:
- identify and consolidate team needs (additional capacity etc.), monitor the process to prevent delays or any other bottleneck.
- counseling, and disciplining the project management team in the different locations.
- Enforcing policies and procedures, but always with the goal of enabling effectiveness and fast response.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; support in the preparation of the annual operational planning (AOP), as well as in the consolidation & submission of the quarterly Rolling Forecasts.
- Assesses program performance continuously: plans and keep track of expenditures, analyses program variances and proposes corrective plan of actions.
- Maintain a fluid channel of communication with the respective F&A of Design/I&D/M2O/Business, as well as the counterpart program managers (particularly I&D and M2O).
- Project and program management savvy
- good financial background. Relevant experience in managing complex programs
- Thorough understanding of the I2M and M2O process (product/digital/marketing/etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of MS office package; working knowledge of project/program management software is a strong advantage.
- Skilled in applying change, risk and resource management
- Knowledge of project management methods in Philips (e.g. PMBOK) and of estimation techniques (resources, time and risks) for the relevant functions / disciplines
- PMP certified
- Minimum Philips Project Management Certification = Practitioner or Expert
- Typically 5 years of experience in the job
- Outgoing personality, emphatetic, and very comfortable to handle complexity. Keeping a cool and objective point of view even under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills.
- Natural problem solver, resourceful and positive to any given challenge.
- People person, capable to coach and motivate the several PMs operating for MG across the different locations.
- To the point, practical can-do mentality.
- Willing to challenge the status quo when there are opportunities for improvement.
- Account – Male Grooming
- Location - Amsterdam
- Program Scope – Global / Design for Product, Communication, Packaging and Digital activities
- Team size approx. 35fte
- Full Time basis / 40 hours a week
- Starting date - June 1st
- Period – initially 3 to 6 months
Our client is Philips
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Jesse Kuiper via telefoonnummer 06-13283947
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.