We don’t care about what you did yesterday....
Over de functie
LCM Project Leaders are given assignments by the (Senior) Project Manager or Development Manager. They draw up a schedule on the basis of the proposals worked out by the Architect, seek project manpower in consultation with group management, and do the costing for the project budget. Project Leaders are confronted with a continuous flow of disturbing events that they have to handle, leading to decisions with conflicting effects. They are responsible for completion of the project. If faced with setbacks, conflicts of priority, or the threat of overspending the budget, they devise solutions and submit them to management. A Project Leader determines project risks, defines corrective actions and tracks the project to closure.
(The QA Engineer is the Project Leader's partner concerning the degree of quality of the development process. The Architect has a main responsibility for the design and technical choices.)
Key areas of responsibility
• Formulates the overall project plan, in consultation with management and other parties concerned on base of the architecture plan.
• Defines the risks of the project (w.r.t. specs, costs, planning, etc) and develops scenarios to overcome these risks.
• Specifies the resources to be used, the manning of the project and the anticipated costs.
• Specifies the quality standard in the processes to be used.
• Acts in line with departmental and project processes.
• Organises the project and arranges the management activities in terms of quality, time, money, information, and organisation.
• Directs employees and gives them operational guidance, both technically and organisationally (where necessary, directs sub-Project Leaders).
• Reports on employees’ performance to the hierarchical superior of the employees for the purpose of appraisal and makes proposals for training
the project members when shortcomings are observed.
• Is responsible for implementation and realisation according to the project plan (specification, quality, time, money, information) and organisation.
• Reports on the progress of the project with an agreed frequency on quality, status, time, and money to senior management and to the
• Ensures that there is an effective transfer and archiving of the project results and the associated knowledge.
• Looks after the management of the project results.
• Represents the project team in the overall project.
Main experience required
• FDA projects experience
• 510K project experience
• Development consumer medical device
• Several years of experience in directing (small) projects in relevant technological areas.
• Experience of analysis and design.
• Preferably, experience as Development Engineer. Necessary know how / skills
• University education in technical engineering of the relevant technology or has reached this level through another form of training or experience.
• Knowledge of project management methods, costs estimation techniques, etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of disciplines with which co-operation takes place.
• Specific knowledge of relevant area of application is desirable.
• Directing and motivating of project members; coaching skills required.
• Negotiating skills.
• For software: knowledge of the Capability Maturity Model (CMM).
Required personality characteristics
• Power of persuasion, able to convey enthusiasm, people manager.
• Organisational talent, team player.
• Team motivation.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Consumer Lifestyle is delivering on Philips' vision to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Their investment in innovation and local business creation enables them to deliver a stream of locally relevant, meaningful innovations. They have a leading global brand, which is highly trusted across the world.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.