You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Over de functie
You are responsible for designing, implementing a full-scale lean manufacturing operation, a unique opportunity to build world class manufacturing for new products in which the rules have yet to be fully defined. Therefore you are building and maintaining relationships with your counterparts at the (local) innovation centers in Netherlands and Canada. And you liaise and engage with counterparts at the supply center in Germany as well. You drive global NPI and process changes involved in a strong project team across geographies.
With your strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and NPI experience you build and inspire successful a global manufacturing processes and organization. Effective and efficient manufacturing methods and processes are crucial in your operation. With your experience, you implement and ensure outstanding product quality, short assembly lead times and “short time to market”. The introduction of effective production concepts processes and methods result in a cost effective and accelerated production at our supply centers.
To ensure successful industrialization, operations and excellent performance with outstanding quality and short assembly lead time, you engage with key stakeholders at product development in Netherlands and in Canada during product design phase. You identify project risks in time and define risk reduction and mitigation plans for the product and for the manufacturing processes.
You provide guidance and support to your Industrial Engineering colleagues as well as other teams together building a successful international Manufacturing organization by preparing and aligning plans and deliverables. You act as a Project coach for the Industrial Engineers in the multi-disciplinary Project team. Focusing on the team’s interpersonal development draws the team together, ensuring it grows further as a high performing, winning team.
To maintain effective operations as well as enhancing actual performance you are continuously identifying opportunities for improvement. You analyze data, workflow, KPI reports and forecasts and translate these into appealing plans challenging your stakeholders (e.g. Quality Assurance, Procurement, Supply Chain) to improve the way we work every day.
This position is based in Venlo, the Netherlands, and you report to the Manager Manufacturing Machines
- Academic level of working and thinking, educational background in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering. Master degree is preferred
- About 3 - 5 years ‘hands-on’ industrial engineering experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment with high-tech product or capital goods and complex production processes.
- Experience with and in-depth knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and advanced improvement methodologies is a must.
- Ability to outperform on quality, timeline and realization of improvements and innovations. Developing clear strategies and processes – long-term thinker
- Strong conceptual, analytical and presentation skills, keen eye for processes and presentation. And outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills necessary to gain acceptance and achieve delivery over different sites
- Capable in defining and/or programming KPIs for visual monitoring of manufacturing processes, IT know how beyond MS Office is desired
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and dutch. Profound knowledge of German is is highly advantageous
- Permission to work in the Netherlands, no relocation needed
- Willing to travel, 10/15% on a yearly base, mainly to Germany
We offer you a challenging and international oriented job where you collaborate with interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams throughout the value chain and the organization, and deliver direct impact on the way we assembly and manufacture our products. A unique opportunity to enhance world class manufacturing for new products in which the rules have yet to be fully defined. Furthermore we challenge you to develop and enhance a performance driven mindset for a best in class organization.
Manufacturing is responsible for the manufacturing and in time delivery of “best-in- class” high mix low volume Océ products within the Canon Organization. Challenges within the Manufacturing organization are enhancing the Lean philosophy, improving and growing the industrialization (methods) for ink and print heads as well as developing a “world class” supply base and value chains.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Twan Mertens via telefoonnummer 06-57897304
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.