De leukste vacatures vind je bij mij!
Over de functie
Are you excited about toys, games and kids? Do you have a passion for how products are produced? Are you a proactive individual with sharp negotiation skills, who has a solid background in Sourcing, Purchasing, Supplier relationships and production processes? Our client is looking for a results-oriented Sourcing Manager.
What your role will involve:
A Sourcing Manager is involved in the pre-production (sourcing & pricing) stage and will take responsibility for leading the strategic sourcing activities for our projects. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the future of procurement within this dynamic environment with a clear strategic direction. This position is part of the production team and involves close interaction with the designers, sales team and manufacturers.
You identify, evaluate and select suppliers and manage supplier relationships on both a global and regional basis, driving product demand optimizations and cost reductions. You are constantly looking for new suppliers and product options and will be on the road to visit manufacturers and trade fairs. You keep records and documentation about supplier information in an organized and structured way, including the total flow of a product and line-up.
Furthermore, you collect, analyze and compare price quotations and you report price insights. Pro-actively you identify and report (potential) risks and reduce them as much as possible. You are always on the hunt for reducing the cost by being creative, negotiate or finding more efficient ways of productions. You will proactively suggest these improvements to the design- and sales team. You have affinity with and follow trends/innovations in product design and production processes.
As a Sourcing Manager you are passionate about how a product is being made. You are a driven, strategic thinker with solid business acumen. For this position, it is vital to have strong negotiation skills, together with experience in purchasing and supplier relation management. A background and ‘know-how’ of production processes is preferred, to have smooth communication with the different manufacturers. Relative production processes include injection molding, printing, production of hard and soft toys. You are hands-on and happy to dive into all aspects of the production process. Legal, safety and logistical matters also capture your interest.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in a related study, preferably: international trade and business, economics, purchasing and supply chain management
- Minimum 5 years of related working experience
- Fluent in English language, both verbally and written; knowledge of the Dutch and Chinese language is preferred.
- You have affinity with the manufacturing process of a wide range of products.
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Internationally experienced:
- Audited factories (travel 6 times a year)
- Sourced and developed products in Asia
- Visited trade fairs like Canton Fair, Nuremberg Toy Fair etc.
- Driven, strategic thinker with solid business acumen
- Related branches: Toys, Retail Loyalty, Product Engineering, Industrial Design, FMCG, creative branches
- Familiar with product specifications, product development and production processes (plastic industry, cardboard & paper industry, but also emerging new possibilities);
- Have the ability to understand and communicate technical information;
- Have the ability to work under pressure, autonomously and with tight deadlines;
- Excellent MS Office (Excel/Word) skills
- Basic understanding of Adobe CC (Indesign) and Keynote is preferable
- Love to work in an international environment with international colleagues
Working at our client is a truly rewarding experience. They offer there employees the following benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Good secondary remuneration, including pension and travel allowance
• Opportunity to develop yourself and grow within a quickly growing company
• An easily accessible work place on the Canals of Amsterdam
• Friendly and sociable colleagues, plus the best office lunch in town
Are you interested in working as Sourcing Manager in a creative and successful international company, based in Amsterdam? Click on the “Apply” button and apply for this vacancy online.
We are looking for someone on short notice. Please send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our client is a fast-growing, international toy design and -development company, focusing on dynamic and creative (kids) loyalty campaigns. We work with retailers in more than 20 countries. Headquartered in the center of Amsterdam, we have offices in Moscow and Hong Kong. Our company is a think-tank buzzing with creative strategists, marketers, designers, innovators, toy makers, techies, movie buffs, analysts, field researchers, culture vultures, globetrotters, sorcerers, pirates, smile creators, trend watchers and cool hunters. Together we work on creating the greatest innovative and entertaining loyalty campaigns. From concept to creative, to sourcing and production, we offer it all.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Baris Karabulut via telefoonnummer 06-83973418
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.